Quantcast

is there a flat DH\FR handelbar?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
24” wheel? Wow that's a great idea.... not! (night at the Roxbury movie ) :busted:
What is “constitutes”? (Sorry for my English…)
Easton doesn’t have a flat handlebar?

intensem1

Monkey
Oct 15, 2006
I am also running the chromag flat bar and love it.It has a greeat backsweap and is plenty wide.The only downside to a flat bar is the front end becomes a little harder to pull up.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
24” wheel? Wow that's a great idea.... not! (night at the Roxbury movie ) :busted:
What is “constitutes”? (Sorry for my English…)
Easton doesn’t have a flat handlebar?
What fork/stem/bars are you running now.....?.....

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
the chromag bar is sweet, but if you want a little bit of rise, the 29.5 sunline is sweet to. actual measurement is just shy of 30"

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
it's for my 2006 sunday
maybe you already know, but you do not have to run the thick headset spacer/dirt seal that comes stock under the fork crown; it doesn't really seal anything. you can get away with about a 1mm spacer between the headset and the fork crown, so the crown is almost resting on the top of the head tube. this lowers the bar a little over 1/4" from stock, and it's free. assuming, of course, that you haven't already done so or have it set up differently already.

both of these set-ups are lower than stock and can still be made lower, especially the one with the carbon spacer.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
100% canuck i believe
No aluminum handlebars that I'm aware of are made in North America.

They are made in the best swage shop in all of Taiwan though!

Besides trutemper carbon bars I'm not sure if there are currently any handlebars made in North America besides at BMX companies. I'm pretty sure Easton has moved their carbon operation out of mexico and to Taiwan...

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Another vote for the Chromag. The angles feel great and it's quite light too.

Syncros also has a DH flatbar called the Big Fixed Flatbar that's a bit lighter than the Chromag. I believe you can order direct from their site or Universal Cycles has them as well.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Theirs are definitely oversized

Deity will have the Dirty 30 low rise bar out after the first of the year, not sure on the rise, i believe no more than 3/4 of an inch

If you want completely flat go Chromomag, I fell in love with them in Whistler this year