Quantcast

Is there any way to mount a E13 like "taco" without...

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Having a chainguide mounted? I'd like one on this bike but I have no need for a guide. Is my only option to garage fabricate a mount?

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
its a "standard" BMX Euro BB that came with the cranks which are Poverty P.O.W. It has a floating solid ChroMo axle with four cartridge bearings, two on each side.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
You could use a 'BMX Chainwheel' with the bolt on 1/4 bash.

That one is Purty, but doesnt look like it would accept any bolt ons.

You could carve up an LG-1 back plate....

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
yea you would have to ruin a guide but you could hack apart a backplate so that all thats left is your mounting holes you need (for both the taco and the ISCG).
Or as said, just cut a 1/4 bashguard to fit onto your sprocket and mount it whichever way makes sense according to which foot you normally ride forward with.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Or instead of ruining another guide, and I hate saying this because I am huge E13 fan, you could wait a bit and Buy the MRP bsh guard that is made for exactly what your describing. Its basicaly a lower section of a guide that mounts on the ISCG tabs and sticks a guard out just like en E13 taco

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Well SOB I didn't even know this was available.

That's exactly what I'm lookin for. DirtyMike, I don't know if you noticed how unbelievably beautiful my chainring is :shocked: I wouldn't think of putting that super(ugly)spider on there ;).

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Right, Its gonna be at least a couple more months before its out, last time I talked to MRP, they were trying to find a way to make it work with an ISCG adapter so you can run it on Non ISCG frames as well.

And yes, I did notice your Sprocket, I didnt really like the idea of the spider, just another option.

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
This have kind of gone out of vogue in bmx, because the sprockets are thick enough to just bash into and everyone wants light, but check out the sprocket guards on this page. They used to be very common. They mount right to the sprocket. It might mean though, that you have to replace your sprocket.

http://www.danscomp.com/products.php?pages=3&items=30&cat=PARTS&show=Chainwheels&by=NAME

Oh, yeah. Dan's Comp sucks. This is only for reference.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Yeah, I've seen the bmx bolt on bash guards but I'd really rather have something like the mrp pictured above. It's tucked away out of site and peeks out just enough to protect things. I am pretty sure the chainring can take some major abuse it's more the chain that I'm worried about, well and keeping the chainring pretty.

I've purchased quite a few things from Danscomp and it's always been a good experience.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
I will keep an eye out for the MRP system to come available, I will Holler here when they are, Planning on setting up five or six CX guys with them who race for us and that are always breaking there big rings. So I know we are getting at least a half dozen for stock when they come available