Quantcast

Is this bike suitable for PNW

searching7

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
I'm moving to PNW in the spring and I have a demo 8. I love the bike and ride 'em because I get a hook-up on 'em. However, I was wondering if some people think the bike is a little long for North Shore riding. The wheel base is 46.5. Just curious. Thanks

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Tenchiro said:
Sorry man, the max wheelbase allowed in the PNW is 46".
Doh somebody better tell RhinofromWA, isn't his Rotec around 50"+? :evil: Oh man that means my Dumbo 9 is over too.......:mumble: Of coarse if we don't talk about it (like certain PNW trails) it could be perfect, secret bike for secret PNW trails. :think: :think: Oops I mean we don't have any secret stuff here in the PNW to ride long bikes at anyway so anybody lookin just go away, nothing to see here. Besides there is no sun and it rains all the time anyway, no fun. :think: :sneaky:

Psssssst.........your 8 will be perfect up here :D but I never said a word. :evil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Tenchiro said:
Sorry man, the max wheelbase allowed in the PNW is 46".
No not totally true there is a Rule 7H exemption ruling in the Code 5ottNinerNiner Gnarcore Statute that states that a longer wheel base is acceptable if your fork has an integrated stem. If not you have to pay a Huck Surcharge Tax at the border.

i try to stay current on these kinda things.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
No not totally true there is a Rule 7H exemption ruling in the Code 5ottNinerNiner Gnarcore Statute that states that a longer wheel base is acceptable if your fork has an integrated stem. If not you have to pay a Huck Surcharge Tax at the border.

Thanks Skookie you saved me. Ok I can ride my 9 without fear of a ticket and the fines that come with. RhinofromWA on the other hand I think is still runnin a boxxer and oldschool DH stem :rolleyes: we will just have to keep him hidden :D sorry buddy :devil: :evil:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
evilbob said:
Thanks Skookie you saved me. Ok I can ride my 9 without fear of a ticket and the fines that come with. RhinofromWA on the other hand I think is still runnin a boxxer and oldschool DH stem :rolleyes: we will just have to keep him hidden :D sorry buddy :devil: :evil:
Nah, he upgraded to an 02 Monster...with no integrated stem :mad:

Now his bike looks waaaay too much like mine....:dead:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Skookum said:

I think that's the That Bike is the Gnarcore GnarGnar Tits Statute...I'll have to look it up.....:blah:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Secret Squirrel said:
Nah, he upgraded to an 02 Monster...with no integrated stem :mad:

Now his bike looks waaaay too much like mine....:dead:
I know it is kind of scary isn't it?! :eek:

46.5" is a SHORT bike if you ask me....how can them kids ride them small bikes? :confused: :cool:

With the Monster it is .5-1.0" longer than the Boxxer equiped bike. Scary. Like my bike needed to be longer. lol :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
evilbob said:
Yep I am a rebel......

:thumb:

searching7

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks for the input. I know it was a goofy question, I just was curious after watching a video of the NS. Hopefully I can get a pass to whistler. I've been trying to get there for like three years, but money has been hanging me up. Anyway, just chillin doing handsprings waiting to ride.

IMPULSE

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
All of the NSMB guys rip on Demo 8's, and they ride the shore way more than anybody on these boards. The demo has a really short chainstay length, under 16, and that is really what makes it nimble and easier to turn. The demo 8 is probably the best shore type bike you could buy right now, up there with the vp free etc.