Quantcast

Is this rain driving anyone else nuts?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
A few weeks ago, I forced our riding group to bypass the upper section of Noble because I thought it was too soupy to be riding on...you could see tons of tracks in the mud already, and I didn't want to contribute to any more damage up there.

Seems that every chance I have to go riding, it hasn't gotten any better, and I'm getting fed up with waiting. Trying to be a good guy and not ride on any sensitive muddy trails, but geez...it's starting to get old.

Any trails actually in good shape to ride? Heck, I'll drive to LA or Corona or anywhere...!

MD

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Tehehe.

Up here In northern California ( Not the bay area, Way north) We get pounded with rain this time of year, so you basicly get to ride the road for 4 months.....

Hey, you guys have to get your water from somewhere, right?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
MikeD said:
A few weeks ago, I forced our riding group to bypass the upper section of Noble because I thought it was too soupy to be riding on...you could see tons of tracks in the mud already, and I didn't want to contribute to any more damage up there.

Seems that every chance I have to go riding, it hasn't gotten any better, and I'm getting fed up with waiting. Trying to be a good guy and not ride on any sensitive muddy trails, but geez...it's starting to get old.

Any trails actually in good shape to ride? Heck, I'll drive to LA or Corona or anywhere...!

MD
I donno... It washed about 75 pounds of mud off my truck so it's gotta be good for something...

Just checked weather.com... Looks like rain 'til like Wednesday, and I doubt ANY trail is fun in pouring ass rain like this.

Slacker

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
Los Angeles
It driving me nuts :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
Can barely remember when I last rode. And every week I belly bulges even more :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :oink: :oink: :oink: :oink:

Hungry_Hank

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
urban sprawl (orange county)
Slacker said:
It driving me nuts :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
Can barely remember when I last rode. And every week I belly bulges even more :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :oink: :oink: :oink: :oink:

same thing here, the one weekend when i actually have some time to ride it rains.. why!?!?!?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Actually I think I'm heading out to Skyline tomorrow... Past experiences have led me to believe that that place is still very do-able wet. PM me if you wannna find out how right I am.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
chicodude01 said:
so you basicly get to ride the road for 4 months.....
Yeah, I did a drizzly road ride today; it was actually pretty good.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Went for a long drive only to be pelted with full on torrential rain.

Not about to turnaround..... good pouring and ragin creek (er.. urban runoff) crossing time!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Slugman said:
I ride so infrequently now that I barely ever visit RM... too depressing.
Hah, the less I ride, the more I post, and vice-versa. Should explain my posting rate as of late...

MD

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Yeah the rain is getting a bit much, but stop crying about it. This is a year to build our trails up and make them better than ever. I've been digging every chance I get and it's actually pretty fun and calming.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Never mind that previous glass half full post. I'M GOING F***ing CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suffering from severe adrenaline with drawl.

MikeD said:
Don't give in. :heart: It's a bummer, but we've been spoiled in SoCal by years of drought that gave us 50-week riding seasons. It's killing us all, even when we know it's better to wait. And what is harder than having a sunny weekend day, right after a rain?

I'm vacillating between bitterness about the amount of trail repairs, ie ruts, washouts and whatnot, we'll have to do, and excitement that --in San Diego-- this will make MTB riders that much MORE essential to Ranger staff: we have the numbers and committment to fix a lot of trails. Sweat leads to ownership and access...

Miramar Speed Circuit, anyone? :thumb:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
EBasil said:
I'm vacillating between bitterness about the amount of trail repairs, ie ruts, washouts and whatnot, we'll have to do, and excitement that --in San Diego-- this will make MTB riders that much MORE essential to Ranger staff: we have the numbers and committment to fix a lot of trails. Sweat leads to ownership and access...

Miramar Speed Circuit, anyone? :thumb:
Very good point. We, as a community strugling to prove that we belong on the trails, should really use this as a chance to show our dedication.

When the rains are all gone who is going to be out there fixing the trails? Not the equestrian riders (they'll probly still ride in the rain) and not many hikers seem to do trail work. It'll be us!! Maybe we could get a huge gathering together and media coverage to show once and for all that we care about the quality of our trails.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Slugman said:
I ride so infrequently now that I barely ever visit RM... too depressing.

Speaking of trail work...
When is the last time you went out there?

I'll bet the ground is GREAT for digging right now.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Nothing makes a 3 day weekend suck more than a torrential downpour....

Anyone wanna go on a road trip to somewhere dry?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Zark said:
Nothing makes a 3 day weekend suck more than a torrential downpour....

Anyone wanna go on a road trip to somewhere dry?
Somewhere dry???? I'm down and free the whole weekend. How bout Bootleg Cyn? or South Mountain, AZ or ?? It heard its excellent after a rain.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Edgy said:
Somewhere dry???? I'm down and free the whole weekend. How bout Bootleg Cyn? or South Mountain, AZ or ?? It heard its excellent after a rain.
I can't take off next week, but if the rain starts up again we'll have to make some plans!