Quantcast

Is this still the "Downhill" forum?

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
He said he might join one or two WC DH races next season, most probably to qualify for worlds at MSA. He said on instagram he was having "worlds withdrawal" because he missed it quiet a bit.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
I"m not sure that's the subtext. I think it was more "the UCI is asking for huge fees to put on a race, forcing races to be held at the only places that can afford them, eg bike parks. Trails are becoming homogenized, and I got bored of them" - Sam Hill
Hmmm, on consideration, you might be right. I just read "tracks are boring" and blamed it on the macro wheels->fast non-technical tracks situation.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Maybe this forum should just be renamed to the Sam Hill Forum.

Sam used to race DH, and DH used to be discussed here. Sam now races Enduro, which is discussed here. Sam Hill is discussed here. No further arguments necessary.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Maybe this forum should just be renamed to the Sam Hill Forum.

Sam used to race DH, and DH used to be discussed here. Sam now races Enduro, which is discussed here. Sam Hill is discussed here. No further arguments necessary.
Because the answer to everything is not 42, it's Sam Hill.

I'm not a dh racer or much of a racer at all (couple of dh races and an xc race only) but I'm a big fan of world cup dh. When I started lurking here I don't recall seeing a lot of dh-related content by then. I thought the forum was awesome because of the knowledge (e.g. tires, brakes, Iron horse, Udi and I've also been reading Kevin's blistergear stuff) and the banter. For a small forum we're quite diverse as well with folks from the US, UK, Oz, NZ, Europe, Argentina and me from PH.

Nowadays, I think there's more banter/snark than tech info. Udi doesn't post anymore for whatever reason. However, RM is still my home forum (even though I have little technical knowledge to offer). As long as you monkeys stick around I will too. RM Cyclocross forum might be a bridge too far though.

Last edited: