Quantcast

Is this the right place to ask this?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I've been looking at several online and regular shops for a pair of red lycra shorts. No luck.

I'm looking for a just a solid red lycra shorts...no or minimal prints..
I saw two but they're in the Paola Pezzo price range....no way, for a lycra short...ugh.

anyone? xc/roadies? Heidi?? recommendations?

Oz

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Go to Hillcrest and pick up a pair. I think there are lots of shops that specialize in that sort of thing. :p

What the hell do you want red spandex for...? You can prolly get it at any running shop if you're not looking for a chamois (ie, for DH).

You do realize red will clash with the mandatory Team Nicolai pink socks, right?

MD

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by MikeD
Go to Hillcrest and pick up a pair. I think there are lots of shops that specialize in that sort of thing. :p

What the hell do you want red spandex for...? You can prolly get it at any running shop if you're not looking for a chamois (ie, for DH).

You do realize red will clash with the mandatory Team Nicolai pink socks, right?

MD
while the team jerseys are still in press... Sanjay and I are formulating something kinky... I prolly won't top his outfit, but I might as well do something unconventional...like wearing a lycra short:dead:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
last question:

I wear size 31 waistline jeans/shorts... what size shld the lycra shorts be in to fit me???

thanks
Oz

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm on the 29ish side of a 30 waist (29 dress pants, 30 jeans) and I tend to wear smalls. 32-34 is usually what medium is sized for.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by MikeD
I'm on the 29ish side of a 30 waist (29 dress pants, 30 jeans) and I tend to wear smalls. 32-34 is usually what medium is sized for.
thanks for the numbers...that helped a lot and reminded me of one thing....the shorts are more than likely going over my dianese bib/lower pads... so a medium, at those numbers, shld be perfect with ample room for the pads...
thanks MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dude, if they're going OVER armor, I'd just go to a dept. store sporting goods department and find some compression shorts (no chamois) for about $10 a pop...usually in heinous colors, too.

That's gonna be a lot of compression on your lower half, ya know. I think you're going to cut off vital circulation!! :p

MD

AHHH lycra!!!!!!!!!
i am forbidden to wear lycra, at 210 pounds, im not a beutiful sight in revealing clothing, plus i dont want to get netted (that whole greenpeace thing and there supposed "whale cruelty", they hate it when you try to get balugas on bikes) please, dont wear lycra, save us a blinding and throw on some jeans and a beater and ride on!!!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Originally posted by Orven
I've been looking at several online and regular shops for a pair of red lycra shorts. No luck.

I'm looking for a just a solid red lycra shorts...no or minimal prints..
I saw two but they're in the Paola Pezzo price range....no way, for a lycra short...ugh.

anyone? xc/roadies? Heidi?? recommendations?

Oz
I hope it's ok to post this.. but my business is custom sewn or modified outdoor gear. So I can probably help you out.. I do lots of bike gear.

Geargrrl

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Urban_P1
AHHH lycra!!!!!!!!!
i am forbidden to wear lycra, at 210 pounds, im not a beutiful sight in revealing clothing, plus i dont want to get netted (that whole greenpeace thing and there supposed "whale cruelty", they hate it when you try to get balugas on bikes) please, dont wear lycra, save us a blinding and throw on some jeans and a beater and ride on!!!
i think my purpose of wearing a lycra is to humor myself and disgust people for kicks.. I don't have the guts, well, I do have a gut, but don't have the balls to wear it...

geargrrl, the url isn't loading....but my connection, in lay terms called dial up, is a real cookie... I actually bought a Team Voler Short...geeze, it's ta-ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-th...tight tight tight:monkey:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
voler is what i'd go w/ if you want just flat red and don't want to go and pay the price for the castelli's. and another thing, depending on whether they are bibs or not (bibs are the better way to go trust me) your height and weight will play a factor into size as well.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
i think my purpose of wearing a lycra is to humor myself and disgust people for kicks.. I don't have the guts, well, I do have a gut, but don't have the balls to wear it...

geargrrl, the url isn't loading....but my connection, in lay terms called dial up, is a real cookie... I actually bought a Team Voler Short...geeze, it's ta-ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-th...tight tight tight:monkey:
worked for me but you can always PM me. Hope nobody thought I was spamming; I thought what I do is/was somewhat releveant to the thread...

geargrrl
Specialty Outdoors

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by indieboy
voler is what i'd go w/ if you want just flat red and don't want to go and pay the price for the castelli's. and another thing, depending on whether they are bibs or not (bibs are the better way to go trust me) your height and weight will play a factor into size as well.
good thing they make extra small/petite size for the kinds like you...but I think you'd show too much bones or exoskeletal parts when you wear a bib...:devil:

geargrrl..I don't think it was spamming at all.. it's cool you have a gig like that going. good luck

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
good thing they make extra small/petite size for the kinds like you...but I think you'd show too much bones or exoskeletal parts when you wear a bib...:devil:

geargrrl..I don't think it was spamming at all.. it's cool you have a gig like that going. good luck
lol to be quite honest i wear a middle you twig like fool!:devil: :cool:

Airborne

Chimp
Nov 21, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
last question:

I wear size 31 waistline jeans/shorts... what size shld the lycra shorts be in to fit me???

thanks
Oz
i'm a 31 also... 5'6", 143#s...but i cant get my (huge - cough cough! haha) thighs into a small. go medium. cant go wrong. all my tights and shorts are M

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Airborne
i'm a 31 also... 5'6", 143#s...but i cant get my (huge - cough cough! haha) thighs into a small. go medium. cant go wrong. all my tights and shorts are M
ditto..I have the same probs on same sized shorts (med) but with a slightly tapered lowers...my thighs are not that big but they pose some problems on some shorts style and definitely on jeans:D

Indie... eat more fried chicken!!:devil:

Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
Red lycra huh, sounds very brave!.With body armour underneath, sounds VERY brave indeed. Well if you really want to grab attention try white lycra. Red is special but i think white will make others look at you in a very envious way. You have to be braver than brave to wear white lycra and for extra attention screenprint a pink playgirl bunny symbol on your backside. Why go half way, go the whole hog. Go on you know you want to.And if you do, pics please.