Quantcast

Is your bike worth more than your car?

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
You bike is the cosmetic embodiment of the news I have been waiting to hear. Does Doc plan on producing anything similar to the FQ at Superco? I know he is concentrating on getting a race-specific offering to market as soon as possible but I am really hoping that he gives us an incredible playbike like the FQ at some point in the future.
The bike pictured is a re-badged Mini-link/FQ. The Mini was a side project of Doc's, and never saw full production through BMW, so I see it as giving credit where it's due.

That said, rumor has it there is a smaller bike in the works, but the Silencer is the r&d focus at the moment.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My bikes and our cars are very middle of road; all purchased with the intent of keeping them for the long haul. My road bike turns 20 next year. :)

Last edited:

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
I just bought 3k bike and all my friends give me crap for buying a new bike instead of a car. I would rather drive my moms old mini-van with my dh bike in the back then some ****ty honda civic with no new bike.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
The total of my bikes is worth way more than my car, but even my newest single bike is worth more than my car.
2008 Turner Highline - $3600
1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ - KBB value $1785

Hoping to change that soon though...
Update...finally made that change.
Retail prices of '08 Highline + '05 575 + '98 Trek8500 = $7200
Current values of said bikes probably closer to $4000
Recently purchased 2004 Audi allroad = $18k

So...this
No contest. My bikes are **** compared to my car.
On a related note, I can't even get anyone interested in my Lumina for $1200...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I'd get pulled over constantly if I drove that.
;)
funny you mention that. i was driving to the PD on my day off a while back and our narcotics interdiction guy (dudes that sit on side of highway and make all the BIG dope/money cases) gets behind me and is trying to find a reason to stop me. he realized it was me when he ran my tag but told me he thought i was a college kid looking to buy or transport dope :rofl: too bad most of my stickers are conservative and not the typical subaru leftists drivel ;)

another story with my suby.... our bike unit bikes and equipment are kept at a satellite office inside of a boy/girls club in the projects. sometimes i have to stop by the office on my day off to either work on one of my bikes (when my garage is too cluttered ;) ) or drop off some equipment. on more than one occasion i have been offered drugs by low level dealers who think i'm a poor hippie looking to score some cheap ditchweed. the look on their faces when they recognize me and realize they just tried to sell to a cop.....love it!
i love my car :thumb:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Main car is worth more than DH (main) bike.

The bikes however, are worth more then the main car, but to top the value of the other cars in addition, you'd have to add the motorcycles.

wreckedrex

Monkey
Feb 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Yeah, up untill about 6-7 months ago. My truck was a hand me down and I paid $700 for my miata so any one of my bikes is worth more than I paid for both of them combined. Then I went and bought a M Roadster for $8k, All of my bikes combined probably aren't worth half that.