Quantcast

It finally happened

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
[rant ON]

One of my Atomlab Aircorp pedals finally died. And dammit, I am PISSED. It didn't die in the whole "bearings-fall-apart-and-platform-slides-off-of-spindle" manner. Instead, it had about 1/4 inch of play in it, and there was a whole bunch of grease leaking out from behind the nut that holds the platform onto the spindle. So, being a semi-capable mechanic, I went to unscrew the little nut to take a look at the bearing to see if it was shot. Well, as I made the first turn of the wrench to unscrew the nut, the whole nut snapped clean off (with the threaded part still inside it). WTF? Then I took off the platform, and lo and behold, the bearing was in 3 different pieces. But now I can't just replace the bearing; I gotta send it in for a warranty replacement because part of the spindle snapped off. What a load of bullsh!t.

[rant OFF]

DieselX

Monkey
May 26, 2004
New York City
same thing happened to a friend of mine recently... he didn't want to bother with replacing any parts or sending them in, so he bought the NYC Freeride pedals. those things rock!