Quantcast

It is starting.......

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Slightly used Dura Ace kit showed up at my door today. Should be built by Friday.

Schwinn Peleton Pro frame-$150
Kestrel EMS Pro Fork-$75
Dura Ace paired spoke wheels, with tires, tubes and cassette-$100
King Headset-$30
Full 2000(or so) DA kit-$400
Ritchey WCS bars and stem-$80
DA cable kit-$12
Other parts already owned/replacements to be bought later

$847 spent, we'll see on the weight later. Possibly the least expensive DA kit bike ever :-D

Also it is my first real road bike, very excited.

The Ito

Attachments

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
DUDE! That's some smokin' prices on DA goods! Hook me up w/ the source maing! I'm in need of a good set of hubs (DA or better) so I can build my spare wheelset. 32 hole drilling please :D

Edit: I'd be interested in hearing reports on those wheels. When you finish and is up and riding, can you post any feedback on them along w/ your physique for a base of comparison?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
They are just sitting there......looking pretty and light weight......while I'm working on two finals and 4 papers(approx 25-30 pages).

I'll let you know on the wheels. Everything is used, but in pretty good shape, should hold up fine.

As for the parts, I got them off of a friend who was sick of me beating him on my fixed gear. He had a timetrial bike from his racing days and stripped the parts for me. The wheels and frame I got from a local guy who had had them sitting in his garage for several years and just wanted them gone to someone who would ride them.

:drool: I hate finals(X10000)

The Ito