Quantcast

"It pays to check all the prices" or "My new favourite car"

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Ok, just got in from Seattle last night. A disasterous trip thankyouverymuch, but that's another story.

So there's no such thing as a direct Montreal/Seattle flight. You either do Mtl-Vancouver-Seattle, or Mtl-Toronto-Seattle. Now I prefer going through Van. Nicer airport, lower stress. So that's what we did. But we bought the cheap internet fare and we ended up with more than a 4 hour lay-over in Van. So rather than torture our daughter after a 5.5 hour flight, I investigated renting a car one way from Van to Seattle. So I'm on the Hertz website looking at the Ford Focusses (Foci?) the Tauruses (Tauri?) and all that. I keep scrolling, and I get to the Volvos and the Lincolns and the Range Rovers... I click on a few and they are obviously crazy expensive. But then I click on the Volvo V70 XC and lo and behold it's cheaper than a Focus.... I'm like "WTF??" I go back and verify the Focus. Yep. I was right.

So I select the Volvo and I go through the reservation process (with a bit of skepticism). There HAD to be a catch. Well....the catch was that the insurance coverage was a little more expensive. And at the end of it all, the Volvo ended up being $7 (seven dollars canadian) more than the Ford Focus.

The moral? Check all the prices!!

And oh do I like that car. I really like the jacked-uppedness of the XC model. A very suitable ski machine!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Acadian said:
screw the car...tell us about the trip! :devil: ;)
no, i think a description of the car would probably be more interesting :D