Quantcast

Its been awhile since i posted here... (my new ride)

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Well when I first started posting here, I had 2004 P. street.. remember now?

Ok, so any ways, i deciced i wanted to go to 26" wheels, right

So i said let me build my dream bike....

So, $3,500 usd later

I have this!

The gimp with its updates:

Here's some specs:
On-one gimp 26" frame
06 rock shox pike 426
Chris king patriot head-set
Hussefelt bar and stem
Hayes Nine rear hydro
On-one seat clamp
Thompson elite seat post
Specialized jumping seat (not in pic)
Odyssey 41-thermal cranks
Odyssey JC pedals (glow in the dark)
Profile imperial 32 tooth sprocket
KMC Ionox chain
DT swiss 240's bolt-on, ss($400 hub), with center lock, to a Sun MTX rear wheel
DT swiss onyx 20mm to a Sun MTX
Maxxis holy rollers (2.4")

So, what do you think of it?

Oh yea, and some riding pics!

A little stair gap/hip thing we created, very fun!

So, give her a rating!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Looks good! How do you like the Holy Rollers and the MTX rims? I've been thinking about both of them for my DOC.

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
I choose mtx with dt spokes and hubs over Dee Max's wheels.... so yea i love them, the wont move at all, and i havent trued them since they've been built. The holy rollers are super sick, but super fat, the roll really nice.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
ahha im doing the opposite steps as you! i just spent a whole lot of cash on a 24" bike.

maybe i should post pics.. it is pretty pimp. luckily it wasnt to much $$ becasue i work in a shop and used a lot of stuff i had,

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
monkeyboy424 said:
ahha im doing the opposite steps as you! i just spent a whole lot of cash on a 24" bike.

maybe i should post pics.. it is pretty pimp. luckily it wasnt to much $$ becasue i work in a shop and used a lot of stuff i had,

Same here.... I wasnt going to post up what i payed for it...

Odd is he

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Mr Tiles said:
I like it. How's the new pike? I got an 04. Just wondering the major differences. Mine's done pretty well.
I dont know if their are that many differnces.....

Oh yeah, I'm hooking my pike up with a X-firm spring. it should be sick.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I put the firm spring in my Pike and it did make a difference. I just bought an old sherman firefly that I'm modifying to 70mm of fixed travel with a heavy duty tool and die spring. I got the idea from fellow monkey Leethal. I should have it done by next week, I'll post pix.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
monkeyboy424 said:

same here, oddly enough, I sold my gimp 26" and got a tonic fabrications fall guy.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah but 20mm of travel?? that is not even 1 inch...why not just save the weight and go rigid...60mm i could see but..seems like such a waste...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
allsk8sno said:
yeah but 20mm of travel?? that is not even 1 inch...why not just save the weight and go rigid...60mm i could see but..seems like such a waste...
i dunno, just my preference. The 20mm number is just a guestimate at this point. I'll put a zip tie on the stanchion tomorrow before a pump track session and find the real amount of travel. Just riding it around the driveway, it's just lovely in my opinion...