Quantcast

Its fall! I am going to pick up snowboarding this winter. Questions inside!

J

JRB

I know nothing about snowboarding, but I do know that helmets save lives. :thumb:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
DVNT said:
not wearing a helmet is just incentive to not fall.

you'll be a better snowboarder and learn faster.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Let me re-read your post...

HAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That's great troll material! Nice job!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
yikes...ok I retract that statement! You're already dumb enough...hahaha...JUUUUUSTTT Kidding...

hey I resemble that statement! :think:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dh girlie said:
You wouldn't ride your bike without one would you?

I do, but i'm an idiot.

my very first day on a mountain w/ a snowboard (never skied before) my friend took me to the top of the mountain, pointed down and said "that is where we want to end up...".

wasn't the best thing in the world probably, but i did learn to go down the mountain.....

as everyone else is saying, get new boots. the board doesn't matter as much. it's like a bike, if you have skills, you can do use it.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
It's SNOWBOARDING for crying out loud :mumble:

next thing ya know they'll be making kidz wear saftey googles while playing frikkin boggle incase the the dice fly out somehow!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
DVNT said:
It's SNOWBOARDING for crying out loud :mumble:

next thing ya know they'll be making kidz wear saftey googles while playing frikkin boggle incase the the dice fly out somehow!
I'm actually suprised they don't make people wear helmets on the slopes. it's a dangrous place. people run into each other at speed, frozen rocks and hard ice and trees and cliffs and stuff can be dangerous. :oink:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I always wear my helmet boarding, more people should. If anything wear it because the runs are so crowded. Its not a huge deal and is a small 50-100 investment.

Also for the original post definitely do lessons its worth it. You can spend a few days messing around and still nto get the fundamentals without having an instructor help you to just get the basics. And your friends probably wont do it because its pretty hard to help people learn, i've had to do it myself and its quite frustrating as well as plain out boring.

Good luck with it though.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I started wearing a helmet while skiing this winter.
About 1/2 way through the year I took a big digger doing some OOB powder at Kirkwood.
I wadded, tumbled, heard something go WHACK, saw stars, kept tumbling, then heard another WHACK before I came to rest.

Checked my gear and everything looked fine though my head and neck felt kinda junky. Not broken or anything, but...Id felt better. Made my way to the bottom of the ravine and met up with my friends and they were like "WOAH, What happend to your head?"

I took off my helmet (a Giro Nine.9) had a huge gash in one side (from the edge of one of my skis, and a big old divot out of the other (rock).

One crash, two WHACKS. Either would have resulted in a lot of red tinted snow and a helicopter flight had I not been wearing the lid.

But, whatever.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Damn True said:
I started wearing a helmet while skiing this winter.
About 1/2 way through the year I took a big digger doing some OOB powder at Kirkwood.
I wadded, tumbled, heard something go WHACK, saw stars, kept tumbling, then heard another WHACK before I came to rest.

Checked my gear and everything looked fine though my head and neck felt kinda junky. Not broken or anything, but...Id felt better. Made my way to the bottom of the ravine and met up with my friends and they were like "WOAH, What happend to your head?"

I took off my helmet (a Giro Nine.9) had a huge gash in one side (from the edge of one of my skis, and a big old divot out of the other (rock).

One crash, two WHACKS. Either would have resulted in a lot of red tinted snow and a helicopter flight had I not been wearing the lid.

But, whatever.

see, that's because you were on skis. wouldn't have happened on a board. :monkey: :D

I've done some really dumb stuff on a bike w/ no helmet (and probably still do, depending on who you ask) but I will probably get a helmet for the slopes if I go back up this year. I see so much potential for head smashing up there.