Quantcast

It's Getting Sticky!!! FiveTen love......

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
oh boy...it's that time of year when all the sponsored riders start creating new threads every time they get new gear...

yawn..

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
How much do the freeriders weigh? I just lost one of my shoes that I left on my car and drove away, (it fell off) and I need some new shoes. One of the problems that I always had with mine (the bombers, but 5.10 sole) was they were so god forsakenly heavy. Are those freeriders lighter then the impacts (mine is really similar to the impact)?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
How much do the freeriders weigh? I just lost one of my shoes that I left on my car and drove away, (it fell off) and I need some new shoes. One of the problems that I always had with mine (the bombers, but 5.10 sole) was they were so god forsakenly heavy. Are those freeriders lighter then the impacts (mine is really similar to the impact)?
FreeRider is 840gs a pair
Karver is 1110gs a pair

Hope that helps...

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
Cecil, help William out and throw those shoes on the plug/ highly accurate and insanely awesome Feedback Sports scales! /plug

I just want to thank Feedback Sports(Ultimate) for their support their racks are like Scarlett Johanssen.

( MAN! Cecil i bet your speedy internet skills transfer over to the race course eh!)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Cecil, help William out and throw those shoes on the plug/ highly accurate and insanely awesome Feedback Sports scales! /plug

I just want to thank Feedback Sports(Ultimate) for their support their racks are like Scarlett Johanssen.
That is what I did, but the Shoes covered the whole scale in the Pics. Lots of Feedback Sports Shots will be up on SickLines.com next week around Wed or Thurs with the Bike Build. Mad Props to Feedback Sports as well!!!!!! Great Guys!!!!

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
all i know is British Knights were dope. I had a pair when i was 10... i probably barely knew how to tie my shoes but i knew that shyt was sweet. I would wear them with a Kings Starter jacket. I was cool in 2nd grade, never have been since!

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
all i know is British Knights were dope. I had a pair when i was 10... i probably barely knew how to tie my shoes but i knew that shyt was sweet. I would wear them with a Kings Starter jacket. I was cool in 2nd grade, never have been since!
10 years old in grade 2? How cool were you really? Haha.

Anybody have any ride time on the freeriders to give a comparison to the impacts?

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
How many batteries do your shoes take VooDooHoo?? haha

Super stoked....Can't wait to muddy the hell out of them. All the 5.10's look great!

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
So glad they copied Shimanno, and others with the high inner ankle, dunno about the lace savers and they look totally ****, but meh who gives a toss about looks, and I'll probably just cut the lace saver off anyway.
Can't wait to get some. Although I'm still tempted to try the newer shimanos with their swanky rubber.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Thanks.

I sure wish they would come out with an SPD for us clipless riders. :)
This comment makes no sense. Why would they want to put out an spd when
that is what market they are trying to "steal" customers from?
Why would they make a product that shares sales with like a hundred other spd shoe makers.
Right now they have a heads up on all other flat shoe makers. Probably not for long though
I have seen a couple companies marketing knockoff soles to the 5tens.

I ride clipless as well, but will have a pair of the before pictured shoes soon.
Almost every clipless rider I have known to try the 5tens has converted back to flat pedals.
It is a different riding style between flats and clips. You have to ride more calculated and
smooth with clipless to assure you stay clipped in as much as possible.
With Flats you can just let go and rip! The 5tens allow this without slipping pedals,
therefore in theory at least the 5tens eliminate the need for spd's.

That being said I still don't know if I will prefer the 5tens to clipless. And I would think just like
most things it will come down to rider preference.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
This comment makes no sense. Why would they want to put out an spd when
that is what market they are trying to "steal" customers from?
Why would they make a product that shares sales with like a hundred other spd shoe makers.
Right now they have a heads up on all other flat shoe makers. Probably not for long though
I have seen a couple companies marketing knockoff soles to the 5tens.

I ride clipless as well, but will have a pair of the before pictured shoes soon.
Almost every clipless rider I have known to try the 5tens has converted back to flat pedals.
It is a different riding style between flats and clips. You have to ride more calculated and
smooth with clipless to assure you stay clipped in as much as possible.
With Flats you can just let go and rip! The 5tens allow this without slipping pedals,
therefore in theory at least the 5tens eliminate the need for spd's.

That being said I still don't know if I will prefer the 5tens to clipless. And I would think just like
most things it will come down to rider preference.

Im not sure Im following you. You said my comment doesnt make sense... I want a pair of 5.10s that are SPD. That doesnt make sense to you? They arent trying to steel anyone from SPD. They are trying to get people to run their shoes that run flats. I guess in a way they would like SPD people to convert.

Ive seen a few guys take 5.10s and make them SPD but they dont work quite right.

I tried the Oakly SPD with the soft bottom and they fell apart. They were nice when you didnt clip back in right away. The 5.10s would rock in a SPD.