Quantcast

It's like the death star is approaching

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
watching the radar as the storm comes in to boston...we're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
med

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
youre doomed because you live in Boston. the snow has nothing to do with it and the level of suck Boston brings to the table.

that is all

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
hasn't even started yet here in Frmaingham. All the sally's have run home with their tail tucked between their legs though. Good, less ****ty drivers on the road when I leave at my normal time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It is snowing wicked hard in E. Hartford CT right now. So this ain't no joke. And hey why not take precautions if you are able to do so. That's my stance.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Burning car and snow FTW.

About three inches in Danbury right now. Worked last night - was sleeping, and the wifey came in and woke me up. "Dude, a car is on fire in the parking lot..." Unfortunately, this is the best shot I got - next shot,, flames where out. The whole car was engulfed at one point, just before the fire crew showed up.

We live in a palace.

(the schmoe walked into frame as i was taking pics.)

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
coming down hard here in good ol' Peabody. luckily i stopped by the packie and got a couple of 12 packs.... Harpoon UFO and some Sam's Light for my dad. parents drove up from Florida and got here Wed. night. just in time for the storm!!!! :happydance: :biggrin:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Burning car and snow FTW.

About three inches in Danbury right now. Worked last night - was sleeping, and the wifey came in and woke me up. "Dude, a car is on fire in the parking lot..." Unfortunately, this is the best shot I got - next shot,, flames where out. The whole car was engulfed at one point, just before the fire crew showed up.

We live in a palace.

(the schmoe walked into frame as i was taking pics.)
must have been a v dub :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I just read the forecast at noaa.gov

AT THIS TIME...IT LOOKS AS THOUGH MOST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND
WILL RECEIVE 8 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOWFALL BY MIDNIGHT FRIDAY
NIGHT
...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.

People are worried about 8 to 12 inches of snow? :confused:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
No need to panic. Everyone is home safe....it's Friday night.... and we got BEER!!!
I don't know, haven't heard from splat yet, he started riding his bike home at the apex of the storm and I haven't seen any pics yet.

I'm leaving work in a few minutes myself looks like not too many pople left on the road.

Rest of tonight
Snow until midnight, then light snow likely. Snow may be heavy at times until midnight. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches. Near steady temperatures 5 to 10 above. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Saturday
Cloudy with a chance of snow showers in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs around 17. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Saturday night
Partly cloudy until midnight, then becoming mostly cloudy. Evening lows zero to 5 above. Light and variable winds.

Sunday
Snow. Moderate to heavy snow accumulation expected. Highs around 20. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Sunday night
Snow until midnight, then snow likely after midnight. Additional snow accumulation likely. Lows around 12. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 35 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 90 percent.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
a whole lotta suck happens to a New England driver when bad weather happens.. They just seem to forget how to drive in front of you doing 85 on route 95

Last edited:

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Rest of tonight
Snow until midnight, then light snow likely. Snow may be heavy at times until midnight. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches. Near steady temperatures 5 to 10 above. North winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Saturday
Cloudy with a chance of snow showers in the morning, then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs around 17. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Saturday night
Partly cloudy until midnight, then becoming mostly cloudy. Evening lows zero to 5 above. Light and variable winds.

Sunday
Snow. Moderate to heavy snow accumulation expected. Highs around 20. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Sunday night
Snow until midnight, then snow likely after midnight. Additional snow accumulation likely. Lows around 12. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 35 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 90 percent.

Sounds like a normal winter forecast. The chance of snow for me has not dropped below 60% since last Sunday. This Sunday is supposed to be clear then it is 70%+ chance of snow again through Tuesday night. At work we went from about 6-10" on the ground last Friday to me hiking around in waist deep snow today.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
We added it up a over 40" of snow in the past 8 days. A little less down in town and it effected almost nothing around here. If I remember right none of the schools even had a snow day.

Now I wish they cleared the roads around here like they do in the East. The main highway here was clear of snow for one afternoon. I couldn't believe I followed a plow truck down a snow covered road, he was spreading sand but had his blade lifted:disgust1:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Round 2 on its way in now!! ( actually here it hasn't stopped sincet he last storm )
still snowing hard up here in vt. hopefully there will be an open window in the weather soon so i can get home.

unfortunately my one friend still up here with a stowe pass has to work today and tomorrow. yesterday was unbelievably good, i want more powder.