Quantcast

Its mine

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Bought don's "used" frame and everything I need to build - should have it done today :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Acadian said:
wow...now that is sick!!! Do you know how much the frame weight Josh?
I don't - probably about the same as the standard model. SL doesn't mean super light, it means Seth Lolli.

m88tow

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
Thats a sweet SL, I love my plain Imp just wish I had the SL so I could set it up to be suitable for some longer trail rides. Anyways have fun with it.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Wow I thought you had a Manitou on there for a second backwards....I was ganna be like um theres something wrong with it. It does kinda look like a Sherman backwards...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
All done!

Came together pretty well. Sh*tmano BB sucks though cause it only has like half the threads gripping on the driveside for proper guide spacing. Shifting works good but for some reason it skips the 2nd smallest cog in the rear - all the other gears work fine?

Oh yeah, big snow storm hitting today :P

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
sama1ter said:
wow the angles ont hat thing look really steep...tell me what you think of the pike.
Fork is at 95mm minimum (max is 140mm). I rode it when don had it built with a 80mm DJ and it felt perfect. DJ are probably taller than the 95mm pike, so I'll have to play around with it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Acadian said:
Nice ride Josh :thumb:

from those angles the handle bars look out of place!!
I had some spare 1.5" rise El Norte bars from my DH bike, so I'm going to try them out before spending extra money. I tilted them further up than in the photo, but yeah, some nice high SIC bars would be better :nopity:

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
Looks like the bar is rotated to far back, the front of the bar usually should be paralell to the angle of the headtube. At least that is where I usually startwhen trying to dial in my bar position.

But thats a sick ride man, im sure youll love it!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Mattoid said:
Looks like the bar is rotated to far back, the front of the bar usually should be paralell to the angle of the headtube. At least that is where I usually startwhen trying to dial in my bar position.
Oh really, I could not tell :stupid:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
This bike must go.

Planned to bring it to NZ as I am moving there TOMORROW. I bought a nice $150 travel box from aircaddy.com, but now its useless.

It seems Continental will not let me bring two bikes (one bike per person, regardless of whether you pay extra - really stupid cause you can buy extra check baggage but not more than one bike).

Anyhow, this bike is now for sale and has never been ridden, see the Buy and Sell section :dead: