Quantcast

It's official - Athertons to GT

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
He was, my post was regarding his recent negotiations with them to continue on, he has decided to part ways...with no ill feelings.
Ah. That would explain why I had to do a little searching to find a pic of him wearing a Red Bull helmet.

I always have been a little curious as to why Gee and Rach are sponsored by them, but not Dan.

On a totally separate note, whether or not people like energy drinks, Red Bull does put a lot of money into our sport. For example, the 12-hour Final Descent series wouldn't happen without them, and it's an awesome race series. I'm a fan.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I must say redbull has deff invested lots of money into our sport,im very curious to see wat will happen with the athertons and redbull

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
Most of the time Red Bull will only sponsor (Paid) two athletes of the same sport in one country at a time. This info comes from someone high up in Red Bull USA. I am sure Dan got his fair cut from his Bro and Sis.

Cecil
They sponsor peaty, gee and rach. That's three right there and I think I'm missing one more.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
They sponsor peaty, gee and rach. That's three right there and I think I'm missing one more.
As someone already said, not Peat. maybe the third UK rider you're thinking of is Danny Mac.. he def rides a bike but plays quite a different sport IMO ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Most of the time Red Bull will only sponsor (Paid) two athletes of the same sport in one country at a time.
That's most definitely not the case in skiing or snowboarding.

Robby bourdon, shaums march, brandon semenuck, darren barrecloth steve smith....all canadian......and three of'ems freeridinz an stuff too if you want to get technical about it.

I started thinking about the states and only came up with aaron chase, paul bassogotia and kyle strait.....so I don't know. Maybe there is something to that.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That's most definitely not the case in skiing or snowboarding.

Robby bourdon, shaums march, brandon semenuck, darren barrecloth steve smith....all canadian......and three of'ems freeridinz an stuff too if you want to get technical about it.

I started thinking about the states and only came up with aaron chase, paul bassogotia and kyle strait.....so I don't know. Maybe there is something to that.
Robbie Bourdon and Kyle Strait are not sponsored by Red Bull anymore.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Maybe he is like Shaun White, who just turned down 1.8 mill from RedBull, because he just didn't want to be sponsored by an energy drink.
Didn't he leave Red Bull because his managment wanted at least 3 millions for White? Red Bull wasn't willing to pay so much so he left the ship. Now he's searching for a new partner. Maybe Coca Cola, who knows?
That's what I read on ESPN I think.

Edit:
The article on ESPN.
http://espn.go.com/action/story/_/id/6819685/shaun-white-ends-sponsorship-red-bull

That contract was valued at more than $1 million annually, and White's team of agents at Creative Artists Agency have reportedly been seeking a beverage deal worth at least three times that.

Last edited:

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
dan does have something to do with red bull....as far as i remember one of the red bull atherton projects titled him as a brand ambassador....the other two siblings are official red bull athletes but dan has never fallen under this category ie worn the helmet...atherton racing/or formally animal commencal would regard red bull as one of their larger business partners and they employ some of the best doctors/sports scientists for their athletes to use...

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I miss sparks (with caffeine) terribly.

Best times I ever had with an orange mouth.

staike

Monkey
May 19, 2011
Norway
Looked a bit like Gee Atherton at first glance. :D

Here's the 2012 Fury though, looks nice IMO. A little bit different than other bikes, but it still looks rather good.