Quantcast

It's Official: This Ride Sucks!!!!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Last hour in the rain/hail, windy, got lost, and at night.

Before anyone uses the word "princess", you better have ridden in worse conditions, today!

EDIT: Road ride too, so I have to worry about laying it down on the pavement or getting slammed by an suv.

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
that sux man...sry to hear bout your bad ride, i've not ridden in worse conditions, but i have sustained many/multiple injuries making my rides kinda rough from time to time

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Princess,

My commute in today consisted of a massive cloudburst that flooded the streets followed by 10 minutes of hail.

So I was soaked when I hit my office.

...and I left my pants at home so I sat in my shorts with a clammy chamois while I did what needed to be done.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
justsomeguy said:
Princess,

My commute in today consisted of a massive cloudburst that flooded the streets followed by 10 minutes of hail.

...and I left my pants at home so I sat in my shorts with a clammy chamois while I did what needed to be done.
Clammy chamois. :rofl: :rofl:

splat

Nam I am
justsomeguy said:
Princess,

Been there , done that . and have learned to keep a full spare set of clothes that the office , just in case I forget any thing on my ride in. and more that once I have needed the socks.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
justsomeguy said:
Princess,

BTW, princess, did I mention I rode back to work and finished out my 11 hour day?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
justsomeguy said:
No you didn't.

I had no idea that the shifts at Burger King ran 11 hours.
Little girl, I work the lunch shift then dinner shift at the BK.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...in MY day we rode 650 miles to school through minefields buried in 10 feet of snow, covered by gunfire from German pillboxes, under miles of barbed wire, up hill BOTH ways...

ahhh those were the days....