Quantcast

its ok to be jealous...

zidoj

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
Charlotte/ Myers Park
I like the new frames, but not as much as the old ones. Just for looks. And I'm pretty sure my frame w/ shock weighs 8 something. I also have a Joplen seat post for it and Smallblock 8s. Weight in pic....35 lbs.
[/IMG]

Sep 12, 2004
my banshee wildcard has the same amount of travel and weights right under 35lbs...go banshee.

and if youre going to post a new ride with a title like "its ok to be jealous"...expect to get these posts as results

and that shock does look waaayyyyyyy too small for that frame and amount of travel

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Man I didn't mean to start a hate war, I'm sure that bike is fun as sh!t and its all about what works for you best, so if its your dream bike rad! I got nothing against specialized, and their bikes ride great for most people, they're just not for me. Enjoy it dude, hope its super fun

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
have you ever tried an avy???? they are the best shocks out there i have tried most of the shocks out there and nothing beats AVALANCHE....
this season my V10 will have a chubie on it...
Please tell me you are joking, or forgot to wear a helmet at some point in your life.

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Hey now, dont throw me into this! I didnt have anything against the bike I was giving you sh!t as a former lewiston cronie!
As far as intense they have phenominal warranty and Canfield definently takes care of their owners!
Personally I like the bike and Id drop a load of weight off it but I think the new spec stuff is OK!
Not going to flame you! LMAO!
ANd as far as AVYs go they rock! :cheers:
your still kool travis i wasnt directing anything tworad you ive ridden your bike a little, and its pretty much butter. i was just tryin to stoke the fire. hahaha

and p.s. covey IS funnier when hes hazy!! hahahaha

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Originally Posted by dest
have you ever tried an avy???? they are the best shocks out there i have tried most of the shocks out there and nothing beats AVALANCHE....
this season my V10 will have a chubie on it...
I will formally petition admin to ban gratuitous pinkbike Avy pimping, especially b/c we all know why it is really so much better than, well, anything. It's just got more of them.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I just looked at the weight, I didnt notice that before, that is quite heavy for what it is, My blindside weighs 43, and I have plenty of room to shave weight, IE remove the slime tubes which have at least 6 oz each, get a ti spring ETC.

Someone else already said it, if you title like you did, and its not a phenom of a bike, expect to get a little flame action going on. enjoy, ride fast, as you break stuff, put the bike on a diet

Hey by chance did you weight the frame WITHOUT the shock and post? Also, how about a parts breakdown

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
avy! Avy! Avy! Avy! Avy!

Its an Old school avy cult thing! :rockout:

BTW! Avy pimpin was a avy cult thing derived right here in good ol ridemonkey by another coining it that!
Back in the day if anyone mentioned "shock" the Avy cult was all over it like roaches on a pizza! Darn I miss the good ol days!

Last edited:

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Hey by chance did you weight the frame WITHOUT the shock and post? Also, how about a parts breakdown

09 sx trail frame med.
easton monkeylite dh bars
old saint brake w/ goodridge lines ans straitline levers
strailtine pedals
mrp g2 chain guide
totem coil
dhx 5.0
odi ruffian
syncros freeride wheels w/ syncros race hubs
2.5 3c minions f/r
thomson x4 stem 40mm
thomson elite post
wtb silverado saddle
x0 rear mech
x0 shifter
saint crank 38t
pg980 cassette
stans tubeless
salsa rasta q/r
rasta headset spacers
balls hangin from the seat rails

and no sorry i dint get a weight w/ out shock and post.

$BMFB$

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
howd you get ahold of one already? I was told there not coming out till at least end of January/February
the frames were available dec. 31 they still had about 20 last time i checked. the full sx trail 2 isnt available yet.