Quantcast

It's rootbeer!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
There were two dudes on uni's at Plattekill this past weekend ripping it up. Amazing the stuff they were riding on a unicycle!! You need wicked leg strength to ride those things.

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Well if you looked at my avatar and my sig, you might figure out why :P.

a lot of it isn't just brute leg strength, more endurance, considering you can't coast and all. well, not very easily anyway. It does take brute strength to go up a very steep hill though.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
One of the kids riding a unicycle at Plattekill had a full blown mullet. Shaved up front, 4 feet long in the back, with no transition stage, just went shaved to long. It was, ummm, different.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I can ride a unicycle. I rode one to class on our very hilly campus for most of last year, and took it on some short trails. It's a Schwinn, and it has a Specialized 24x2.7 DH tire, race face cranks, and Odyssey black widow pedals. Man, unicycles suck. You can't go fast, and mine was very uncomfortable. Besides, they're ugly. Guys who are good at it are cool, but everyone else, myself included, needs to steer clear. They belong in the circus. I might ride mine again with a costume on at Farmer's Market for giggles. Or at Halloween.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
bikenweed said:
You can't go fast

mine was very uncomfortable

Besides, they're ugly

They belong in the circus.
All great arguments, you make a strong case :rolleyes:

bikenweed said:
Man, unicycles suck.

Guys who are good at it are cool, but everyone else, myself included, needs to steer clear.
So what you are really saying is that unicycles suck because you have not invested enough time to be good on it?? As I was saying....... :nuts: :love:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I say, for me, they suck because they are boring, slow, and uncomfortable. I can hop up stairs, down them; I can ride up pretty steep hills, and down some kinda rocky stuff. I am not a beginner, nor am I an expert. I have no desire to be a unicycle expert. No matter how good you get, a regular bicycle still goes faser, has more flow, is more comfortable, and allows greater distances to be covered. I have more fun on a regular bicycle. Props to the guy who likes them. I'm over it. I'm just stating my opinion cuz the thread starter asked what we thought. I hope you like riding yours :)

Duffle

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Doing the MUni
Eh, I've never had much luck with bikes, but unicycles have worked out well...I'd say they're anything but boring, you don't have to go slow, and comfort, well that's just a matter of your seat ;-) (Schwinn seats suck). And you get to laugh at djp.1 while riding up a steep hill. *smirk*.

*shrug* to each his own, and no "didja lose your other wheel" comments. muah.