Quantcast

*^* its thursd GMT *^*

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Speaking of new bike money, we're about to spend north of $4000 having the front yard dug up and getting a new well pump installed. That's being done tomorrow.
a few years back i dropped 12g to replace my sewer line. not only did they dig up my front yard, they jackhammered through a good portion of the concrete slab that comprises my garage floor.

also yes that's your dog. he is a good boy. he would make a good avatar.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
deer in the headlights panic at all the standards which have changed since his last bike purchase.
Last bike (for me) I bought was an Ibis Mojo HD3 (back when they were on sale), which I have probably ridden like 500 miles in 4 years.

Will not buy another non-electric bike new again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Snow here too. They were warning of up to just below a foot of it, but so far only about an inch has fallen?

Last day of getting up at 5:30am to commute down to this training. Thank fuck. And then right back into the fire pit with an audit at work next week.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
The most valuable skill I've learned over the years is looking interested and concerned.
I still havent mastered that.

I try hard, then after 30-40 seconds my mind starts wondering, and my eyes go somewhere else.
I have to consciously make an effort to look interested and concerned, but cant hold it for more than a 2-3 minutes unless its for real.

Some people do make it look effortless. Thats a skill worth >1 million bucks over a lifetime.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I still havent mastered that.

I try hard, then after 30-40 seconds my mind starts wondering, and my eyes go somewhere else.
I have to consciously make an effort to look interested and concerned, but cant hold it for more than a 2-3 minutes unless its for real.

Some people do make it look effortless. Thats a skill worth >1 million bucks over a lifetime.
i can do it, my problem is that i just don't have enough patience to really go for broke.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Doggo had her stitches out last night and is now cone free, thank God. Girl was just ramming it into stuff left and right, probably retribution for making her wear it in the first place.

Otherwise, work and coffee.

i can do it, my problem is that i just don't have enough patience to really go for broke.
Ah yes, my prior bosses have always dinged me on my ability to pretend that things are of the utmost importance. A) that's just not me, I'm unable to fake it and B) if it actually is important I will treat it as such

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Went to Dunkin so my coworker could get some shitty coffee (while I sip some single origin Costa Rican) and this dude runs his card and the girl at the counter goes INSUFFICIENT FUNDS! so loud it scared a woman into dropping her purchase.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
deer in the headlights panic at all the standards which have changed since his last bike purchase.
This in no joke. I hadn't fully realized it until an article about the "standards" that have changed in the last 15 years. Headsets, bottom brackets, axles, wheel sizes, plus wheel sizes, holy hell man.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
a few years back i dropped 12g to replace my sewer line. not only did they dig up my front yard, they jackhammered through a good portion of the concrete slab that comprises my garage floor.

also yes that's your dog. he is a good boy. he would make a good avatar.
I spent $200 to rent an excavator and was told the pipe was "about 4 feet". I dug 6, found 3 other pipes "(conduit actually) but no sewer pipe. I was trying to save a buck by digging myself, no luck. So now they will dig to unroot my pipe.

At least it's just dirt.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Boy is back at school...

and because it's a snow day, I'm WFH. it's nice to be here with no kids!

he is booked for his follow-up scope tomorrow to see how the skin is healing. works out well, since the teachers will be on strike again tomorrow, so he won't miss more school. It was three weeks ago the ordeal started. it's crazy how quick 3 weeks can go by.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Boy is back at school...

and because it's a snow day, I'm WFH. it's nice to be here with no kids!

he is booked for his follow-up scope tomorrow to see how the skin is healing. works out well, since the teachers will be on strike again tomorrow, so he won't miss more school. It was three weeks ago the ordeal started. it's crazy how quick 3 weeks can go by.
glad your kid is on the mend.

i hope all tea products and paraphernalia have been banished from your household