Quantcast

$$$! It's Thursday !$$$

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Grim forecast here as well. It's been raining everyday for the last....week or longer?

But it's going to be 7c again today, so I'll take it and go for a ride.

Off work this week, but we had one thing planned to do on Friday. But then I got a text yesterday from buddy asking when I planned on going to work. Umm, you made the plans man... he then says he's out of town and asks if Sunday would work. Nope, no man. I scheduled this all around Friday after YOU confirmed it was good. Friggin people. I'll just let him figure it out.:butcher:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We're having a Denmark winter.
Friends are coming over tonight for our only gathering of the holidays. Traditional meal on the docket.

Tourtière, Ragoût, Dinde and Tarte au sucre
:drool:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
disaster in the kitchen this morning. I had dough in the mixer and I stepped out of the kitchen to hit the restroom when I hear a huge crash. I guess the mixer started walking on the counter and went over the edge the power cord took my spice rack and a 4 qt measuring cup and a glass with it. Broken glass everywhere Mixer still works after I bent the speed selector lever back to straight. mixing bowl as ok. Luckily the mixing bowl with the dough was pointed away from the counter and no glass went into the bowl so the dough was salvageable. Hopefully I swept up and mopped up all the glass on the floor. what a pain in the butt.

I have just enough time for espresso and eats before hitting the road

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Dave’s not here man…

possibly will co duct a storage run today, mildly in container weather here on the coast, 60’s, some rain occasionally but mostly Californians in EV’s that are falling from the sky

trying to update my drone so I can have the latest and greatest Chinese spyware installed.

in other news,

Fire sale on boats right meow, seems the toys are the first thing to go in a titanic economy

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Sleep was not my friend last night, so up early to run an errand. Guy backed into me at the gas station, "I couldn't see how close I was, my backup camera had rain on it!" I dunno, then maybe use your mirrors and don't keep going until you hit something?

Such a fundamental skill that so many people are so bad at.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:wave:

Sleep was not my friend last night, so up early to run an errand. Guy backed into me at the gas station, "I couldn't see how close I was, my backup camera had rain on it!" I dunno, then maybe use your mirrors and don't keep going until you hit something?

Such a fundamental skill that so many people are so bad at.
Saw a bumper sticker that read Common Sense is now so rare it’s a super power.

Drivers here are now just parking in the street, blocking traffic, in a downtown setting where there is no street parking. Right in the road. I’m just waiting to hear about a semi or a bus plowing into one.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Parents got her last night. I talked with the company that makes the race suits for the team and they are helping me fit her. I'm about to go for a run with Haley.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm waiting for my LBS to open again (should be open tomorrow I think). I want to see what they have in stock. I might be able to get a deal through them, they often cut me slack as one of their longest-running customers.
Fwiw the knobs on the Cake Eaters on my new bike are only a tiny bit shorter than the ones on the Minion FBF's that I have on the old bike, if you've ever seem those.

I think they'll be okay... the rubber is pretty soft, not sure if that really matters though when riding on snow.
glad I waited for my LBS to open. Turns out they're sitting on a rather large stock of unsold 26" Wrathchilds. Picked them up for $240 a tire:
1703783210183.png

If anyone's interested, I think they ship... https://www.phatmoosecycles.com/

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fire sale on boats right meow, seems the toys are the first thing to go in a titanic economy
Are you kidding?
“Dec. 21, 2023, at 4:20 p.m. If there was one word to describe the economy in 2023, it was resilient. The labor market remained strong, inflation at first continued its stubborn ways but then began to retreat, stocks did well, and the economy grew more than predicted.”

“Job gains continued at a very strong pace in 2023, although down from the torrid rates seen in 2021 and 2022 immediately following the pandemic recession. Monthly nonfarm payrolls grew by 232,000 per month on average in 2023, 55,000 more jobs per month than the average pace in 2018 and 2019.”

You been watching Fox News or some other source spewing partisan bullshit? :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Are you kidding?
“Dec. 21, 2023, at 4:20 p.m. If there was one word to describe the economy in 2023, it was resilient. The labor market remained strong, inflation at first continued its stubborn ways but then began to retreat, stocks did well, and the economy grew more than predicted.”

“Job gains continued at a very strong pace in 2023, although down from the torrid rates seen in 2021 and 2022 immediately following the pandemic recession. Monthly nonfarm payrolls grew by 232,000 per month on average in 2023, 55,000 more jobs per month than the average pace in 2018 and 2019.”

I am +30% on the year.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The local trail management non-profit announced that all local trails are closed due to excessive mud.

I know better because I built the trails. Had a great 10ish mile spin in the dark last night. Brown pow, no mud. It was enjoyable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Are you kidding?

Or maybe the boat industry made the same mistake as the bike industry and thought the covid boom would last forever and is now sitting on a mountain of excess inventory.