Quantcast

Its time to change rear shoxs...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ChrisRobin said:
Ok, based on your measurements, your 24cm long shock is really 9.5" long. That's kinda weird but whatever, I knew some Karp frames had strange Fox RC sizes. So you need something that's 9.5"x3.0". Easy to find. Craig at Avalanche will sort it out for you. He'll tell you what will fit and what won't (remote resevoir vs. piggyback). .

Forget about changing the air shock for now. Either way, if you get a new air shock it'll still be the same size as your current one so it'll fit. Remember, you're just changing shocks, not getting bigger or longer ones.
Actually Jan used 8.75 x 2.75 RC's on the Armys. I have a feeling the Apocalypse uses the same.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
you confuse me now brian, so now avy 9.5x30will not fit on apocalypse ??

float will stay i wil not change it just big shox

ps. i want both of shoxs on apocalypse (its bike just for drosp so i am using it just for drops)

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Brian HCM#1 said:
Actually Jan used 8.75 x 2.75 RC's on the Armys. I have a feeling the Apocalypse uses the same.
That's what I thought too but look at his measurements in that pic...unless they're off.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Downhiller said:
i messure right, its from point to point where shox start and ends, like this :

i messure again and its 24cm (mm up or down) from point to point
You have to measure from the middle of the eyelet to the middle of the eyelet. Hence the measurement being called Eye-to-Eye.

So it probably is 8.75x2.75.