Quantcast

It's Time to review.....not for weak hearted!

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
I have ridden the bike for approx 1000km now....

the bike has gone thru 3 wheelset changed!

Overall, the bike ride flawless and smooth on rough road/surface.

Comparing Time to my Pina Dogma....this bike as smooth, as good climber but better in sprinting. It's much stable on sprinting, I guess it must be the head angle 74.5 vs 73.5 on Time.

As for 2007 Campy Record, they have improved tremendously! I have used 2004 Campy Record before, it's "clunk" on every shifting, chain rattle on each cogset U have chosen and it's very temperamental. The 2007 Record is smooth, quiet and accurate! They even better than current Dura! So Shimano has to do something about this! :rant: :bonk:

As for the wheelset review, old Campy Eurus is comfy, smooth but not as fast as my Kysrium SL.

Then I managed to get a good deal on Cosmic Carbone SL :brows: , the corporate Mavic yellow is not matching to my bike colour combination, so I “tinted” it . It make the bike look more aggressive and ala Lightweight. Cosmic is heavy, not as fast as my Zipp 303 (laced with Chris King) which on my Dogma. Cosmic also so much noisier vs Zipp. Zipp is much better ride and less wind resistance as U are riding in crosswind! :poster_oops: :huh:

Then my LBS called me up and giving me a “one-off” deal to try out the Fulcrum Racing Zero. Man! This wheel is LIGHT! FAST! And SMOOTH! :thumb::monkeydance:

I cant wait to hit the rolling hills on my Zero as I only managed to rode 45km with my Zero

I’ll post more updates on bike, parts, wheels later

Regards
sbw

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Cool!

That's some red bling bling!

I didn't notice it before, but that's a really interesting stem.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Zipp 303 (laced with Chris King)
Then my LBS called me up and giving me a “one-off” deal to try out the Fulcrum Racing Zero. Man! This wheel is LIGHT! FAST! And SMOOTH!
303s to Kings, what a dream wheelset that is.

the 2008 Zeros will be black rims and hubs with red spokes. look pretty damn cool. love the hub, don't love the cost of the spokes.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Nice bike!!! Hope you have some red in your helmet and gloves to complement the bike.

Can you post some pictures of your Pina Dogma- I've never heard of that bike.

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
303s to Kings, what a dream wheelset that is.

the 2008 Zeros will be black rims and hubs with red spokes. look pretty damn cool. love the hub, don't love the cost of the spokes.
Damn! Do U have the spy pics of those?

Btw, the new 2008 Campy Shamal Ultra also cool :D
Link is here

I'm still waiting for my Tune hubset to lace with my 303 as CK dont have the Campy freehub body :(

Geez! I have to rob a bank now! :bonk:

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
Nice bike!!! Hope you have some red in your helmet and gloves to complement the bike.

Can you post some pictures of your Pina Dogma- I've never heard of that bike.
This is Pinarello Dogma, magnesium tubing mated with carbon seatstay and carbon fork. The sexy curvy fork called Onda.