Quantcast

It's time to trim the weeds around the trees...

J

JRB

Well - I had the mower out the other day. What is it that makes the weeds grow right before spring???

My gardening tip for the day is to keep the trimmer a safe distance from the trunk, to avoid losing moisture. :ouch:

J

JRB

Does everyone use the safety guard on the trimmer, or do they just try to keep the line away from the tree???

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I use a kaiser blade. Some folks call it a sling blade. I call it a kaiser blade. mmmnnmmmm. Then I eat biscuts and mustard. mmmnnnnmmm

Let it grow until it comes to seed the first time, then trim.

J

JRB

I was just reminding everyone, Opie, but I guess if you want the neighbors to help you landscape, that's cool.

J

JRB

I'll add - this thread is about landscaping. Quit trying to twist things around you sickos. Next thing you know - skaredsh*thead will be posting about a paper towel tube and a gerbil. :dead:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco said:
I was just reminding everyone, Opie, but I guess if you want the neighbors to help you landscape, that's cool.
Oh.

hey, thanks for being so concerned about my tree. When you come to visit, maybe you can help prune?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
PS: We're laying a whole new vegetable garden down next month after completely tearing out what's currently there.

I just hope I can get our dog to stop digging at it so much.

At least he doesn't have fleas.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
loco said:
I'll add - this thread is about landscaping. Quit trying to twist things around you sickos. Next thing you know - skaredsh*thead will be posting about a paper towel tube and a gerbil. :dead:
We don't let the grass grow around the trees. I keep it mulched so that the grass doesn't grow. Most trees in our yard have small plants growing around them.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
PS: We're laying a whole new vegetable garden down next month after completely tearing out what's currently there.

I just hope I can get our dog to stop digging at it so much.

At least he doesn't have fleas.
Dude - if you are letting your dog dig in the "flowerbed", you need help. :help:

J

JRB

Well - the neighbor's dog has been digging holes and they are unsightly. I was just trying to help you out. What are you talking about???