Quantcast

***Itwontsuckitselfsaturday****

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Any of you woodworking Monkeys have a Kreg ACS? Debating that or a Festool MFT at the moment, or just piece something similar together out of 8020. Need a better way to process sheet goods, and a big ass table saw with slider isn’t in the cards at the moment
I love the MFT table. It’s fucking awesome! Any table that parties with Pythagoras is my kinda table. I want one for metal working too.

That Kreg one looks real nice.

The Parf Guide if you want to make your own.

Buying just the top and put it On a nice bench?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I love the MFT table. It’s fucking awesome! Any table that parties with Pythagoras is my kinda table. I want one for metal working too.

That Kreg one looks real nice.

The Parf Guide if you want to make your own.

Dunno how big you want, but if Kreg or Festool are smaller than you'd like you could build your own using: https://www.woodpeck.com/hole-boring-jig-2019.html

I have the jig, just haven't found the time yet to make my own MFT.
Leaning toward making my own table, space wise I have the room for something a lot bigger than either the Kreg or MFT, and don’t really need portability. Up in the air between the Parf and the Woodpeckers drill guide, I do love me some 3-4-5 triangles, but being able to blast them out with a router would be super fast.

I've been using the Makita track saw quite successfully. I have a 6' track, which is long enough for just about everything. You can get an 8' track if need too.
My brother lives 5 minutes away and has the Makita corded track saw. Love that thing, but it’s time to buy my own and I kinda want the cordless version, unfortunately it doesn’t work with the Kreg set up. The Kreg tables built in measuring system is pretty sweet, so it’s a bit of a toss up between the utility of the table vs the saw I want.

New house has almost no outlets in the garage, so my inner cheapskate says I should just buy the cordless saw instead of adding more outlets. Maybe replace my miter saw with cordless while I’m at it, you know, to save money.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to my friend Angelos winter fling. Rode on one of those crazy Honda 3 wheelers from the 80's. Big balloony tires. Fun as hell. Cold as fuck. Rode fat bikes down the bermy gully trails behind his house. Tow rope back up with the ATV's. Also, fun.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Leaning toward making my own table, space wise I have the room for something a lot bigger than either the Kreg or MFT, and don’t really need portability. Up in the air between the Parf and the Woodpeckers drill guide, I do love me some 3-4-5 triangles, but being able to blast them out with a router would be super fast.

My brother lives 5 minutes away and has the Makita corded track saw. Love that thing, but it’s time to buy my own and I kinda want the cordless version, unfortunately it doesn’t work with the Kreg set up. The Kreg tables built in measuring system is pretty sweet, so it’s a bit of a toss up between the utility of the table vs the saw I want.

New house has almost no outlets in the garage, so my inner cheapskate says I should just buy the cordless saw instead of adding more outlets. Maybe replace my miter saw with cordless while I’m at it, you know, to save money.

Cordless, yo.

I have my track saw, my table saw (SawStop worksite), and my compound saw. I realistically use my track saw for non-detail, small sheet work and long cuts. The compound unless they are really rough cuts and I can get away with using the plunge on the track saw. I only bust out the table when I'm doing detail, repetitive, identical, or angle cuts.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have been wanting to get a battery powered reciprocal saw, mostly for smaller brush cutting during trail maintenance and invasive control. Probably a Black & Decker 20V, since that'd be compatible with a lot of my other tools, but I have not been particularly successful at sorting out which of their saws to get.
My reciprocating saw (the one pictured) came with a set I bought a few years ago. I haven't needed it often, but when I have (like today) it's been invaluable.

Pick a cordless tools system and be a dick about it.
Can confirm.

Up until a couple years ago, I had never owned anything cordless. All the Baja race team guys told me to go with Makita, Milwaukee, or Dewalt. Because "professional grade". I ended up going with the Ryobi ONE+ system as it's really nice consumer grade, I'm not running my tools 8/40/52 a year, it half the cost, and you can find it at any Home Depot among other places. So far, they've worked flawlessly. 10/10 would bang again.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007

You can definitely get the ACS to work with the Makita track saw.

That's the setup that I have although I haven't gotten around to making the small track adapter yet.

The ACS table/base setup is great. It's solid, versatile, easy to set up and break down. The only downside is that it used 3/4" dog holes rather than than the much more common 20mm. That means that a lot of aftermarket accessories won't fit, which is annoying. That may or may not matter to you. In the future I may make my own 20mm top to use with the ACS.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
You can definitely get the ACS to work with the Makita track saw.

That's the setup that I have although I haven't gotten around to making the small track adapter yet.

The ACS table/base setup is great. It's solid, versatile, easy to set up and break down. The only downside is that it used 3/4" dog holes rather than than the much more common 20mm. That means that a lot of aftermarket accessories won't fit, which is annoying. That may or may not matter to you. In the future I may make my own 20mm top to use with the ACS.
20mm holes.

Parf dogs are faster if you want to cut a 90 or 45 and don’t have the track setup on the table. The track setup gets inthe way a lot of time s9 it doesn’t live on the mat table. The parf dogs are a quick solution to hold the track with the orange clips. I would get/do 20mm holes for the possible accessories like clamps and dogs.

Put a vise on there while you are at it. Also, receiver hitches all around your table makes for some nice modular possibilities like a belt sander or portaband.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ryobi household here, at least for the strimmer and chainsaw. I keep thinking about getting a leaf blower to help clear the ///deck of snow as it's a pain to shovel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ryobi household here, at least for the strimmer and chainsaw. I keep thinking about getting a leaf blower to help clear the ///deck of snow as it's a pain to shovel.
Snow that can be moved with a leaf blower will probably be a lot easier to just move with a broom.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snow that can be moved with a leaf blower will probably be a lot easier to just move with a broom.
The railings around the edge of the deck make it a PITA. If I don't clear the deck area it then slowly melts off down in front of the garage doors leaving a sheet of ice on the concrete pad.