Quantcast

Ivan Basso velo-apparent?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The Toninator said:
With his announcement the other day that he will ride the Giro can he make his bid for a le tour win?
Right this moment my money is on him. I also have money that Ullrich will gain a 100lbs and get busted for X again.

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/9303.0.html
My money is on Ullrich this year. I think the man can pull it off (tour). Of course I'll probably pull for the top ranked American. I think this tour will be a lot more interesting without LA in it. Not that I wouldn't love to see him and disco kick everyones ass again.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Ive only been watching the tour for 3 years but from what ive seen, it just seems that Jan Ullrich does not have the mental toughness to make his body rise to the occasion and "make" things happen when he needs to.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Jimmy_Pop said:
Ive only been watching the tour for 3 years but from what ive seen, it just seems that Jan Ullrich does not have the mental toughness to make his body rise to the occasion and "make" things happen when he needs to.
lance beat all the fire out of him.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Telecom cannot win against an onform Basso if they run the ‘triple threat’ attack like past years. It doesn’t work against a contender who’s team is focused purely on the win (team leader) and not on individual results and stages.
I think Vino would give Basso a good run.