Quantcast

I've been busy at home.........

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
long story short, the wife and kids went to FL for christmas because my wife's grandfather was diagnosed w/ terminal cancer so that leaves me with some time to work on some projects.

noah has nothing on the walls in his room so i thought i'd make something to add personality to it and give it to him for christmas. i picked out about 20 of my favorite pics of him and then asked him to pick 15 or so of his favorite from that bunch for a video i was doing.

i hope he likes it. he probably won't appreciate it as much now as he will when he's older but it'll give him something to talk about when company comes over ;)
the finished product with the number plate from his first race (1st place too :thumb: ) as the center piece.

i also spent some time/money on decorating our place. for the 6 years that we've been married, we've never really had any decor on the walls...just too much to think about when you're chasing kids around :D i got an off-duty paycheck that i wasn't expecting so i went out and bought a few things; 3 paintings, decorative mirror, area rug, lamp......at wal-mart of course (c'mon..you didn't think i had class did you?) anyhoo..i'm extremely proud of my accomplishment this week, i feel like i should be on extreme makeover home edition....heck, i feel almost metrosexual ;)

it's weird coming home to a clean house with stuff to look at on the walls. i hope the wife digs it as much as i do, as it is still a secret :cool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That's AWESOME!!! I am sure your wife and 'lil manimal will love the new look!!! :thumb:

:( Sorry to hear about the grandfather...what an awful time to receive such news. Best wishes to him for peace and comfort during his illness.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
TreeSaw said:
That's AWESOME!!! I am sure your wife and 'lil manimal will love the new look!!! :thumb:

:( Sorry to hear about the grandfather...what an awful time to receive such news. Best wishes to him for peace and comfort during his illness.

thanks. it's all good. he's lived a fulfilled life and is the most giving man i've ever met. i think he's ready though.

TN said:
WOW. that kicks ass. gifts like that are better than anything you can buy.
yeah, it was fun making it. now santa has some stuff in store for him :D, but that was a special gift from me.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Pictures:
(just envision these walls w/ nothing on them for a before pic :D )
one wall of the dining room (added a painting to the opposite wall too)

living room wall

same wall, better shot of new frames i put up

opposite living room wall

new rug...and yes...those kids toys stay there, sometimes you just can't hide the fact that you have 3 kids ;)

not too bad for my first time really trying to coordinate a "look". and all for under $200 :thumb: now if i could just motivate the wife to keep it looking this nice :D

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
manimal said:
oh yeah....as you'll notice, the bottom 1/3 of the tree is undecorated. one of many small tweaks one has to make with a 15month old walking around trying to eat shiny things :D
No luck mainmal I have 12 year old and we still need to keep shiny things away from her. :)

E

enkidu

manimal, how did the big surprise go? Did they like it? I bet they'll always remember that very moment when they saw the color-coordinated beautifully improved home.