Quantcast

Ive done it again.......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ive lost count how many different bikes ive had, but at least i now only have 3 in the stable. The DHR, the crappy road bike, and now..................(drumroll)................introducing the latest addition to the herd.....................

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
If i hadnt cut my raceface riser down to 24" for jibbing i'd have that on too.

The test bike i was on pedaled fine. Need to dial the SPV bandaid in to my weight. So far ive ridden this bike 3'.....

Havnt weighed it yet. I doubt it will be 30. Im hoping for sub 35 as a start.

Next week lets plan a ride day....SST loop?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
nice man! haha i know how the "oops I did it again" goes... 3 bikes in the stable right now and planning on adding two more this summer:) road bike and dj/dh HT, debating single-speeding the rigid-one also, haha oh the toys!

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
is that a 20mm up front?

That's a rad lookin bike it's one that everytime you look at you never get sick of it and each time you see it you still see something you didn't before.

Nice ride!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
thx.

Oh, and i beat my goal.... 34 lbs...... thats a good start considering my bighit was 38lbs......
sweet mine's still lighter hehe. Really i'd like to get under 30 myself but unless i get a true XC bike i'll probably never do it.
Just pick a day for SST and we'll post it, try to get some other monkies out for the loop.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Skookum said:
sweet mine's still lighter hehe. Really i'd like to get under 30 myself but unless i get a true XC bike i'll probably never do it.
Just pick a day for SST and we'll post it, try to get some other monkies out for the loop.
I have time to ride tomorrow.... I get off work at 3:30 too......... amy and I were talking tiger...but being friday traffic might suck. SST would be a good use of time......

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
I just went to tape a few weeks ago for the first time and had a blast. I have to get my DH rig ready for a wet Whistler and tend to my yard. I was gone for 2 weeks and the grass has a bad habbit of growing....dammit! :mumble:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Nice ride Oly!!

you were asking me about my 5-spot...well I just weighed her and she's approx 29lbs. :thumb: not bad considering I have some pretty sturdy parts!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Acadian said:
Nice ride Oly!!

you were asking me about my 5-spot...well I just weighed her and she's approx 29lbs. :thumb: not bad considering I have some pretty sturdy parts!!
admit it you made a deal with the :evil: to get under the 30 lb. mark. :eviltongu :devil: :think: ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
toughguymagee said:
I just went to tape a few weeks ago for the first time and had a blast. I have to get my DH rig ready for a wet Whistler and tend to my yard. I was gone for 2 weeks and the grass has a bad habbit of growing....dammit! :mumble:
:drool: stoner :drool: :sneaky:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Skookum said:
admit it you made a deal with the :evil: to get under the 30 lb. mark. :eviltongu :devil: :think: ;)
not even...considering the parts I used (like 521's, Hope C2's, old school Turbine cranks, etc..). Heck...way better than my old XCR, which must of been like 35+ lbs :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Just took the maiden voyage. It was good. Nice to have my own lightish trail bike.

BTW< i weighed the stock lithium 5.0 that i was riding last week. Its 30lbs! So there is hope as the parts are pretty different, mainly lighter wheels, tires, and fork. Also carbon lever hayes.