Quantcast

I've got 500 miles worth of junk in my trunk

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
So, it turns out that the 500 miles I rode on the trainer this winter (instead of sitting on the couch eating chips like past winters) actually made my ass and quads bigger. I didn't gain any weight, but when I recently tried on my shorts and capris it was a no go. Granted, the added muscle looks good, but now I have to go shopping when I'd rather put the money into my bike :mumble:

Rant over.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
bluebug32 said:
So, it turns out that the 500 miles I rode on the trainer this winter (instead of sitting on the couch eating chips like past winters) actually made my ass and quads bigger. I didn't gain any weight, but when I recently tried on my shorts and capris it was a no go. Granted, the added muscle looks good, but now I have to go shopping when I'd rather put the money into my bike :mumble:

Rant over.
just curious, high cadence or low cadence work on the trainer? I thought high cadence work was supposed to keep you from bulking out.

gg

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
oooooo, I started riding to work and my waist is getting smaller while the tops of my legs and butt are getting bigger. I love it, but I refuse to buy new clothes dammit. I just got the cutest jeans this winter and now I look like I enjoy wearing jeans 3 sizes to small. but the waist is too big!!!!! Oh well. I don't have money for new clothes.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
geargrrl said:
just curious, high cadence or low cadence work on the trainer? I thought high cadence work was supposed to keep you from bulking out.

gg
I was doing mainly low cadence with resistance, but also some high cadence low resistance. It was half and half

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
laura said:
oooooo, I started riding to work and my waste is getting smaller while the tops of my legs and butt are getting bigger. I love it, but I refuse to buy new clothes dammit. I just got the cutest jeans this winter and now I look like I enjoy wearing jeans 3 sizes to small. but the waist is too big!!!!! Oh well. I don't have money for new clothes.

I know it! I think muscle are sexy, but I hate having to buy new clothes when I love the pants I have!