Quantcast

I've got a fever...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
And the only cure is a cross frame/ bike.

Which will it be...the decision process is so damn hard.

All will be built up with with Campy 10sp. The last one I ended up giving to a friend who is trying to get rid of it. The steel fork would be replaced with an Edge cross fork. Need to get some measurements off of it.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Never been a huge fan of Mickey/spooky but his road and cross bikes are SICK!!!!!!!. The one pictured is so nice.
I choose spooky, american made, passionate and looks great.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Dustin, buddy...

What measurements? and What steel fork? I see an Edge fork on the Supertouch and a Trigon fork on the BH.

As a non-disinterested first party, I want you to go look at how much drop you already have on your road bike, and realize that the longer headtube on the Supertouch is a going to be a good thing. I also want to remind you that Chris Cocalis has probably already bought Christmas presents for his family, whereas, I haven't.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Dustin, buddy...

What measurements? and What steel fork? I see an Edge fork on the Supertouch and a Trigon fork on the BH.

As a non-disinterested first party, I want you to go look at how much drop you already have on your road bike, and realize that the longer headtube on the Supertouch is a going to be a good thing. I also want to remind you that Chris Cocalis has probably already bought Christmas presents for his family, whereas, I haven't.
That black bike was custom made for me about a year ago. I gave it to a friend of mine. Well, traded. Anywho, yes, the potential drop on the BH is scaring me. As such, it's at the bottom of the list.

I'm now in the possession of that black frame. I believe I will go with it and see what happens. The chainstays are a little long, but...we'll see. TT is a little long, as well. I think. Time will tell. I'm still wanting a green Supertouch.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
No black bike appears on my screen. Free seatpost if you call and order before 8pm EST. As I'm turning off the computer and leaving for vacation... Until MONDAY!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
No black bike appears on my screen. Free seatpost if you call and order before 8pm EST. As I'm turning off the computer and leaving for vacation... Until MONDAY!

So you'll be back Monday? I thought your vaca was going to be longer than that. I'm hoping to get this built up and ridden in the next few weeks. Hopefully Edge has some forks in stock.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Dustin... what are the numbers on that Willits? That thing looks pretty sweet. With all that tire clearance and the low bb it would be awesome with some 45c tires to go shred around the greenway on. Keep that thing, and put a little bit more off-road oriented build on it (ztr 29'r rims, and some tubeless Bontrager Dry x's) I'd kill to have a bike like that a bunch of the time!

Edge does have some forks, we've got some extras at the office too.

I'm stuck in airports all day waiting for planes to clear, but there's a skeleton crew of goofballs rotating through the office to handle shipping and receiving while I'm down south getting tanlines and trying to remember the discipline it takes to be a real bike racer again.

I've got 2x frames sitting in a box by my desk waiting for the order to go to Plano. You know you can't have enough bikes...

Can you see yours?

Framesets are $1295 retail, with the Edge Cross fork ($580), and a King HS... $870 for the frame only.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin

the season is over, in TX at least. time for dirt roads. Record levers will be replaced with new Centaur levers, and the 53 will be replaced with a 46 tomorrow. Stem will be dropped 10 - 15mm, and pads will be replaced with Rim Wranglers. I hate, hate Kool-Stop pads.

PS - I recently learned that I haven't the slightest idea how to set up cantilever brakes.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
And the only cure is a cross frame/ bike.

Which will it be...the decision process is so damn hard.

All will be built up with with Campy 10sp. The last one I ended up giving to a friend who is trying to get rid of it. The steel fork would be replaced with an Edge cross fork. Need to get some measurements off of it.
what does negative dustin over boring mean aywho? nice bikes.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
That needs bigger tires. Those Hutchinsons are already HUGE for cx tires, but you could easily run something along the line of 45's on there and still have a reasonable bb height.

If you are mostly blasting the greenway and dirt roads, solo, having super cushy super huge meaty tires is wicked fun.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I've updated my Willits quite a bit...found myself using it as a dirt road/ trail bike. Up front is a 45mm Panaracer something or other and in back is a 35mm Stans Raven. Wheels have been replaced with King/ Arch. Bar was replaced with a WTB Dirt Drop...not sure if I'm digging that. Probably gonna go back to Easton EA70. I love that bike more and more.