Quantcast

i've got a problem (sx trail)

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
So, i have concluded it is finally time to get a new frame, not because the sx trail is bad or anything, but i want something a little more for Dh, (but still some dirt jumping). So, i think a demo 7 should fit that bill pretty good.

Heres the problem, i have looked all around the internet, pinkbike, ridemonkey, nsmb, even ebay, and i cannot find hardly any sx trail frames for sale that i can compare price to and find what i should sell for! I want to give someone a fair deal, but i also want to get my moneys worth out of it.

It is a 2006, medium, green/black dhx 4.0 it is in perfect working condition, with some small scratches from wear&tear and a tiny ding in the downtube, by the BB. As of next week it will have a new beefed up 2007 chainstay.(may be diffrent color)

Is there even a very big demand for this frame out there?
Why arent there any for sale?
What do you think a fair price for mine is?

Anything will help, thanks!

(i wasnt sure where to put this post, but dh is better than any other i saw)

cycleryshop

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
there aren't any for sale because they are such good bikes. i love mine for dh. nobody wants to sell them because they do everything sooo well.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm pretty sure the general rule is that if it's in good condition, you sell for around 50-60% of retail if it's after 2 seasons of riding. in your case, i'd say try selling for about a grand, maybe a little less.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I STOLE my '06 SX frame Thrillseeka for $500.00.(No shock) They are listed on Ebay, your just not trying hard enough. Infact, 2 have sold in the last week. $650 and $670.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
With brand new chainstays you should be able to get about $1k for it. Ebay is not necessarily a "fair market price" so it doesn't mean that frame is only worth $650.

On a side note I had an '06 SXT and got a Demo 7 through warranty replacement and its amazing! Feels Very much like the SX as far as how nimble it is but definately sucks up the big stuff much better. And WAY faster in the rock gardens. Well way faster everywhere but especially rock gardens. Still jumps amazingly well too. Go for it!

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
E-bay shows what people are willing to pay for an item. While it may be below what some people hope for... an item is only worth as much as people will pay for it.
Not necessarily. Who says the guy who won it wasn't willing to pay more for it? All a selling price on ebay indicates is the max price the second highest bidder was willing to pay. There may well be other people out there who value the frame more, but are not bidding for any number of reasons.

Anyways, it will be worth upgrading to a D7 regardless of you getting $800, $650 or $1k.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
You can ask ANYTHING you want for a bike, doesn't mean people will pay that much, right Steezy?
I'm going to end up donating my 2 Specialized Big Hits to younger kids getting into racing, becuase I couldn't stomach selling them for under $800 when I have closer to $2000 into them.

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
yea.. ridemonkey discount? hahah

i guess about 1000 does seem pretty fair, i hadnt found the sx trail frames you guys are talking about but yea, i would rather buy on ebay than sell because its too tempting to sell for a lot less than its worth when you have a bunch of low offers on ebay.

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
On a side note I had an '06 SXT and got a Demo 7 through warranty replacement and its amazing! Feels Very much like the SX as far as how nimble it is but definately sucks up the big stuff much better. And WAY faster in the rock gardens. Well way faster everywhere but especially rock gardens. Still jumps amazingly well too. Go for it!
dang, thats exactly what i was wanting to hear!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
You can ask ANYTHING you want for a bike, doesn't mean people will pay that much, right Steezy?
I'm going to end up donating my 2 Specialized Big Hits to younger kids getting into racing, becuase I couldn't stomach selling them for under $800 when I have closer to $2000 into them.
Yeah...thats the problem I'm running into.
I just spent $100 on a front wheel I'll never get to ride too.
:disgust1:

dang bighits have lost their value. :-(

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Not just Big Hits, actually they've retained value pretty well. Its just used bikes in general. If a bike is more then 4 years old its hard to get any value out of it. Can't you use the front wheel on a new bike? Its only the rear thats a 24".