Quantcast

I've got issues....I might actually be ghey

SCARY

Not long enough
I've probably wasted 20 hrs in the last 4 days staring at pictures and reviews of the v10c and the m9 with my only firm conclusion is that I may be ghey,or...I've had enough concussion residue to no longer differentiate rational,cognitive thought from "stupid"
This is in order to solve a 1/2" to low BB on my 951.

*The m9 is really sexy in red and gives me a chub.
*The v10 is carbon and alot lighter.
*The m9 is heavy,but looks sexy in red..and gives me chub.
*The v10 dosen't come in the red and white frameset...just stupid black.
*The m9 makes me want to ride
*The v10 dosen't evenshow the carbon fiber,but it's really light.
*The m9 looks cool in red, but is heavy(er)
*The v10 blah in black ,but is really light(and thats cool)

Now run all that around in your head for half a week,constantly.

I'd say"flame away"but I think I couldn't be anymore flamey right now.I'm so disappointed in myself.

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
m9 all the way... it magically gets lighter the more you ride it and the more you upgrade the parts on it to lighter parts... from the first month on mine - i can say a few things about it...

1) it comes in different colors (this is a radically advanced feature shown only on a few bikes) <mine is candy apple green, which is sparkly - and this is important>
2) its dead silent, this makes sneaking up on hikers or other bikers at speed really easy...
3) did i mention that mine is sparkly?
4) it looks fast sitting there all muddy on your porch... this is important because it enhances your personal "style factor" - also makes your beat up porch look cool
5) you can put grease in it through ports... not sure exactly what this does, but its a hole and you put stuff in it, so i am turned on... also - grease is lube, which is used to put in other holes because i have such a massive dong - when you own an m9, you will understand the effect that it has on your dong and the detrimental effect it has on all other dongs around you... (intimidation is a powerful weapon)
6) do you really want to be riding a large black........bike? have fun riding it cowgirl...
7) you can adjust the m9 - this will appeal to your inability to resist "fiddling with stuff"
8) i have one... this is reason enough...
9) i just like the number 9

there you have it... i would give a review after those reasons about how it corners amazingly and goes like stink but while writing that i realized that there at 73 other geometry and travel scenarios that i havent tried yet, so i must go fiddle with stuff for awhile...

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
m9 all the way... it magically gets lighter the more you ride it and the more you upgrade the parts on it to lighter parts... from the first month on mine - i can say a few things about it...

1) it comes in different colors (this is a radically advanced feature shown only on a few bikes) <mine is candy apple green, which is sparkly - and this is important>
2) its dead silent, this makes sneaking up on hikers or other bikers at speed really easy...
3) did i mention that mine is sparkly?
4) it looks fast sitting there all muddy on your porch... this is important because it enhances your personal "style factor" - also makes your beat up porch look cool
5) you can put grease in it through ports... not sure exactly what this does, but its a hole and you put stuff in it, so i am turned on... also - grease is lube, which is used to put in other holes because i have such a massive dong - when you own an m9, you will understand the effect that it has on your dong and the detrimental effect it has on all other dongs around you... (intimidation is a powerful weapon)
6) do you really want to be riding a large black........bike? have fun riding it cowgirl...
7) you can adjust the m9 - this will appeal to your inability to resist "fiddling with stuff"
8) i have one... this is reason enough...
9) i just like the number 9

there you have it... i would give a review after those reasons about how it corners amazingly and goes like stink but while writing that i realized that there at 73 other geometry and travel scenarios that i havent tried yet, so i must go fiddle with stuff for awhile...
The v10 is all of that, except replace "color" with "carbon". Knowing that carbon > color, because it is cool and light it goes to show the V10c > M9.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
can you have the v10c painted? or a protective graphics wrap? both are sick bikes and I also would have a hard time choosing, though m9= America f@@@ Yeah! and I am on an American made kick(about jobs and transportation carbon foot print , not quality) so it would actually be easy M9...

Last edited:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
If the M9 gives you chub, than what is the problem?

Unless both bikes give you chub. Then I can see the dilemma. If that is the case you needs to arrange a three some.

SCARY

Not long enough
I had an orange 224 before the 951 built @ 36lbs.I don't know why people keep insisting their is no difference in 4-5 lbs of bike weight.There's alot.

And ,I get the "America "thing to,which is one reason why I went 951 in the first place.

Anybody got any idea how much bb height I might get back if I got rid of my 1.5 deg angle reducer headset?(not CC)I'm at 13.5 right now.I run a steering damper,so I probably really don't even need it anyway.

Last edited:

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Anybody got any idea how much bb height I might get back if I got rid of my 1.5 deg angle reducer headset?(not CC)I'm at 13.5 right now.I run a steering damper,so I probably really don't even need it anyway.
If you want to geek out even more, use this.

Plug in all your measurements, then adjust the "ha insert +/-" field.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Seriously? I've ridden one, and have a bunch of riding buddies with them. They're fvcking loud. All of them. Want quiet? W00dy's Mini Link with a belt drive and a Stealth hub is fvcking SILENT.

AllWeld

Chimp
Jun 1, 2011
Mansfield, PA
Go for the M9.... you will be glad you did!:thumb:
My M9 gives me a chub every morning when i walk into my livingroom (yes my wife lets me keep it in the house, LOL)
Id sleep with it if she'd let me:D

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
The V10c is dead silent. It was something I noticed right away.

My buddies 08 V10 sounds like a dump truck coming down the trail compared to me.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Banging a fat chick is all right in the dark but once you are done you don't really care to look at her anymore. Bottom line, you will enjoy riding both bikes but when you aren't riding them it sure is nice to look at a pretty face. :thumb:

Red M9 FTW!!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
M9. A seriously inspiring DH bike. SO inspiring that I snapped my collarbone on the 1st shuttle run of the season on a new M9. It craves speed and and was much more maneuverable in the tighter stuff than I expected. Good luck on the decision.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
my m9 makes zero sound,period.

The rear end gets loose,wich is normal more bolts=more chances of **** getting loose.

the bike is on a level of its own.

nothing compares for the price,to quality,to fabrication,to ajustibility to quality.

you get the nicest frame if you ask me,and the best shock.

its a no brainer.

m9 is LOUD only if the chain is to long like mine was.

Oh and watch out for eastcost rox 4real

my m9 gets ridden in the gnarliest of places and conditions.

only DOWNFALL<

THEY DONT SUPPLY A GREASE GUN FOR MY FITTING!!!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
M9 for you (and yes you own Gh3y now!) - if you're not smart enough to know the V10c is stronger, lighter, sexier, faster, happier, smells better - then you dont deserve one. :rant:

:weee:

MmmBones

Monkey
May 8, 2011
Porkland, OR
FWIW I've just upgraded an alloy Nomad to a carbon Nomad and I will probably never buy an alloy frame again. It is that much better.
After only a handful of runs on my V10c I have come to a similar realization. Now I am left to wonder when the carbon swing-arm will come out...

SCARY

Not long enough
Yeah,I'm leaning m9 right now.After some shuttle runs this morning,some dude from Colorado that races Cat2 was pretty much on my ass the whole way,where usually nobody is.(wake up call)
I'm actually trying to convince myself to just stay on the 951 and just take the Angle reducer cups out.
The non team version of the v10 really does nothing for me,visually.And I hate that that is such a motivating factor,but it is.

Anybody got a clue to the weight difference in the L m9 to the 951?I cant really find it.I don't want to call intense cuz apparently they "don't weigh bikes"...eh..sure.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'd say your life is working out pretty good if this is the biggest issue you have to deal with. Get some perspective. Both are pretty damn sweet. I'm a biased SCB whore so I say go V10.

Oh and I can't speak to whether you caught the ghey, but they have other names for getting all chubby over bikes:

Mechaphilia [1] or Mechanophilia is a paraphilia describing a sexual attraction to machines such as bicycles, [2] motor vehicles, [3] helicopters, [4] and aeroplanes. [5] It is treated as a crime in some nations with perpetrators being placed on a sex offenders’ register after prosecution.[6] Motorcycles are often portrayed as sexualized fetish objects to those that desire them. [7] Pleasures derived from the physio-pleasures involved, e.g. tactile sensations of using the controls, the colors, the smells etc. [8]

SCARY

Not long enough
Mmmyeah I don't remember saying this was the most difficult thing in my life.I was just relaying my disappointment in myself for getting obsessed with stupid silliness like this.If I had a problem with be obsessed with interval training,I'd just be awesome.

"I got 951 problems,but a b*tch ain't one"

See what I did there^^?...awesome

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
My V10 spring seat creaks when dirty too; Its just trying to be imperfect in some way -- so much pressure..

Last edited:

Skidhucker

Chimp
Jun 1, 2011
Yeah,I'm leaning m9 right now.After some shuttle runs this morning,some dude from Colorado that races Cat2 was pretty much on my ass the whole way,where usually nobody is.(wake up call)
I'm actually trying to convince myself to just stay on the 951 and just take the Angle reducer cups out.
The non team version of the v10 really does nothing for me,visually.And I hate that that is such a motivating factor,but it is.

Anybody got a clue to the weight difference in the L m9 to the 951?I cant really find it.I don't want to call intense cuz apparently they "don't weigh bikes"...eh..sure.
Pretty sure that's because you always take off before anyone else has the chance to get out of the shuttle vehicle ;)

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Man, I miss the DH forum. You guys are awesome.

I can't help but pick this apart because it is just so unbelievably ridiculous and irrelevant. If you don't like your 951, I will gladly give it a new home where it'll get thrashed properly instead of stared at while it's owner is online for hours trying to decide which newest 'penis trophy' he can purchase and justify it with some BS reason. (.5" too low!?! really!?!) It would be a great replacement for my '05 IH 7.3.

I'm an idiot sometimes

Guess Intense just didn't do their homework and totally screwed up the numbers on the 951, huh? :rolleyes:

almost didn't post this but couldn't hold back. already know I'll catch some flack.
Scary, nothing personal but dude, please just go ride your fvcking bike!

Last edited: