Quantcast

I've got issues....I might actually be ghey

SCARY

Not long enough
this must surely be sarcasm.
this is the reason I hardly visit this place anymore. we need more pictures and actual riding material instead of anoooother whino complaining about, wait for it, his bottom bracket being a HALF INCH too high!?!?! :rofl:

you are joking me, right? I can't help but pick this apart because it is just so unbelievably ridiculous and irrelevant. If you don't like your 951, I will gladly give it a new home where it'll get thrashed properly instead of stared at while it's owner is online for hours trying to decide which newest 'penis trophy' he can purchase and justify it with some BS reason. (.5" too low!?! really!?!) It would be a great replacement for my '05 IH 7.3.

sure, I understand that everyone has personal preferences, but why not utilize some technique instead of plowing through rock gardens? Unless you are a pro/WC-level DH racer, I highly doubt you need to be concerned with such a minuscule amount of BB height :rofl:

Guess Intense just didn't do their homework and totally screwed up the numbers on the 951, huh? :rolleyes:

almost didn't post this but couldn't hold back. already know I'll catch some flack.
Scary, nothing personal but dude, please just go ride your fvcking bike!
Do you where the F**k I live douche bag?!All there is to DH on is through giant f**king boulders and sharp rocks.(Holbert,Phoenix,Az...look it up)I'm already on a 3rd set of pedals,got shorter cranks,which are already smashed and a +50lb spring to help in 10 months.If I need to make a copy of my racing license in order for it to "legitimize"my wants,well you can suck it.

Anybody with a shred of a sense of humor that has actually read all the posts,and isn't so proud of riding a 6 year old turd is welcome to make stupid fun comments and childish banter,as usual.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Do you where the F**k I live douche bag?!All there is to DH on is through giant f**king boulders and sharp rocks.(Holbert,Phoenix,Az...look it up)I'm already on a 3rd set of pedals,got shorter cranks,which are already smashed and a +50lb spring to help in 10 months.If I need to make a copy of my racing license in order for it to "legitimize"my wants,well you can suck it.

Anybody with a shred of a sense of humor that has actually read all the posts,and isn't so proud of riding a 6 year old turd is welcome to make stupid fun comments and childish banter,as usual.
I can assure you I read every post and found lots of it hilarious. never did I say I was proud of riding a POS ancient bike either, thats for sure.
don't take it so freaking personal, did I say anything about your riding ablilty? nope.
just entertained with the unusual topic and weirdly interested as usual.
I'd probably considering moving to somewhere with more forgiving terrain lol

edit: probably should have just asked you why .5" made any difference in the first place instead of the other stupid sh!t :D

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Considered a Zerode?
Tall enough.
I'd say quieter than a v10.
Heavier, but not noticed when riding as weight is central.
High pivot will eat your Gnar Rox better than V10 or M9.
No mech to be eaten by rocks.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Go for the M9.... you will be glad you did!:thumb:
My M9 gives me a chub every morning when i walk into my livingroom (yes my wife lets me keep it in the house, LOL)
Id sleep with it if she'd let me:D

GREAT FIRST POST :thumb:

SCARY

Not long enough
Considered a Zerode?
Tall enough.
I'd say quieter than a v10.
Heavier, but not noticed when riding as weight is central.
High pivot will eat your Gnar Rox better than V10 or M9.
No mech to be eaten by rocks.
I did really like everything about the Zerode,it's a really cool bike.But,I have to limit myself to what my shop sponsor can get.He's helped me out a lot over the years ,so I owe him that.

SCARY

Not long enough
I can assure you I read every post and found lots of it hilarious. never did I say I was proud of riding a POS ancient bike either, thats for sure.
don't take it so freaking personal, did I say anything about your riding ablilty? nope.
just entertained with the unusual topic and weirdly interested as usual.
I'd probably considering moving to somewhere with more forgiving terrain lol

edit: probably should have just asked you why .5" made any difference in the first place instead of the other stupid sh!t :D
You did question my ability by inferring that I had no case unless I was pro/wc level rider.

How am I not supposed to take what you said personal?Did you read what you wrote?

I love living here,we can make people from other parts of the country look like their tied to post going through their own rock gardens......unless your 1/2" too low bb is slowing down your WC speed, whacking your bash guard.

I really love the 951,it's stupid fun and works great in any other conditions,I'm scared to give it up.

I'll consider a truce at this point....but I also am fine if you wanna keep pissin' me off some more.Either/Or,I'm good.

SCARY

Not long enough
I did put the M9 on order,red w/raw links and dropouts.No angle set,too many issues I've been reading with them.CCDB,they don't have ti springs for them,so I'm gonna look into using a vivid air on it.I don't think it'll be anymore if I un-order the CCDB and don't get a ti spring.Apparently,so far,the vivid seems to work really well,and it's a lot lighter,too.

So,thanks all for playing along,951 for sale cheap,glad the silliness is over.

Well, until I get the bike,redo the graphics,powder coat some rims and stare at it.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
You did question my ability by inferring that I had no case unless I was pro/wc level rider.

How am I not supposed to take what you said personal?Did you read what you wrote?

I love living here,we can make people from other parts of the country look like their tied to post going through their own rock gardens......unless your 1/2" too low bb is slowing down your WC speed, whacking your bash guard.

I really love the 951,it's stupid fun and works great in any other conditions,I'm scared to give it up.

I'll consider a truce at this point....but I also am fine if you wanna keep pissin' me off some more.Either/Or,I'm good.

truce accepted. no hard feelings, I must have just been in one of those nitpicking moods that apparently I'm known for on here.

I just like stirring the pot and being a dick for no reason sometimes. don't worry though, if we were drinking post-ride beers in the parking lot I'd still razz you for wanting your BB another 1/2" lower :D
keep shreddin' mane :thumb:

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Scary - before you disapear from this thread. You mentioned you had a 224. looking back, how does it hold up against you 951 and if have you M9 in hand with ride time then this too. I am just back from South Africa where I keep and ride a 2010 Jedi. I really enjoy the Jedi and while its my first DH bike I am not convinced it is right for me and my style of riding. I am still fine tuning the shock which is helping but what doesnt help is seeing a dude on an Izimu foot plant a berm, scrub his speed and still boost a crappy take off better than anyone on the day. Repeatedly! I remember how much fun and alive my Orange Patriot was and I am not sure if I need to be looking into changing my Jedi, for something like an Izimu.. I am not a high speed DH warrior and rather prefer smashing turns and jumping, mostly jumping. The Jedi is great in the rocks and at speed but if I cant tune it right with the shock then I will need to rethink. The 951 was designed to be more playfull which is where I am at and since you have time on one and a 224 I would be interested to hear you feedback. Reviews of the Izimu is that it is fast and is a very well designed SP. From seeing it jump it would indicate it may be the right bike for me.

SCARY

Not long enough
I think the 951 is a VERY fun bike to ride,even up there with the 224.I would think you would need the CCDB to really tune it though.There are so many options with it.I also set my dropouts to the short settings,it really pops outta corners and sets up great for a few quick pedal strokes.

I could never trust the 224 in the air,though.I always had to get way off the back,even for the silliest of jumps.The 951 has a sweet spot in the air.

The biggest difference between the two is how you sit IN the suspension on the 951.You get a few inches of "Planted" feeling travel.Then you can just give a little push with your knees to get a pop out of it,get the front up,or skip through stuff.

To me the 224 feels poppy right off the top of the suspension,it never has a point where it feels full of traction.Still a fun bike,it just bit my ass one time too hard,off a jump,so..

Hope it helps some.

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I just like stirring the pot and being a dick for no reason sometimes. don't worry though, if we were drinking post-ride beers in the parking lot I'd still razz you for wanting your BB another 1/2" lower :D
keep shreddin' mane :thumb:
Hahaha.. I try to contribute a bit, but its so much fun to take advantage of the shortfalls of text communiction and wait for the outcome. Some people are sensitive or too serious. Best thing for the haters is the mighty ignore list.

I usually just pick the 'other side' of an argument/discussion and commence the doucherama.

Shhh.. dont tell anyone.

My frame is totally adjustable - I just crash this POS carbon/thermopoopstick into stuff and it melts, then I reshape the frame.

Last edited: