Quantcast

I've had better rides...

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
So I'm going out to ride locally last night...I get about 2 miles in and I start feeling something weird on a pretty technical climb...so I get to the top and I start poking around...I notice that I can move my rear wheel about 1 inch to either side....shot bearings...So since it's shorter and easier to continue on I do...then the freewheel locks...so I'm spinning very fast now...and suddenly I notice that it unlocks...ok cool...a little while later I notice that I can pull my rear XTR brakes to the bars and I get nothing...I have to pump them to get any brake power...So now I'm about 3/4 mile for the end and I go to unclip my right foot...one of the screw threads in the shoe breaks off...so I can't unclip because the cleat is just spinning on the remaining screw...I had to finish the remainder of the ride with my right foot half in the shoe and half out...and to top it off...on the last 100-200 feet of trail my free hub locks again...

I've had better rides...

but I did manage to ride out!!!!

Tom

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Thats a bltch man, my ride yesterday was annoying as well, back was killing me and my ipod ran out of battery power in the first mile :think:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Sheesh. Sounds like someone was out to get you.
hey man did you get a chance to take pics of the sunglasses last night?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
hey man did you get a chance to take pics of the sunglasses last night?
Doh. Totally forgot. I had company :D :evil:

I've got to go home on my lunch break, I'll snap a few shots then.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Doh. Totally forgot. I had company :D :evil:

I've got to go home on my lunch break, I'll snap a few shots then.
Dude, thats totally awesome and I totally understand. I'm just a little excited to get them because I've been needing some light lenses especially getting into fall.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
It was my new (to me at least) Jykell 3000.

It was a demo bike before I got it so some mechanical issues where expected...just not all on one ride...ooh well...into the shop it goes...the guys down there know be so they'll get it doen today...

Tom

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMcG said:
Way to go Binary!! But where are the pics - and I don't mean of the sunglasses
;) :D
Mark, you can't even imagine.. I've got so many pictures.. You should see the curves.. So smooth. A little bit dirty, but in a good way, you know? Don't want 'em too clean. Experienced, but not overly used...

...yep, Stosh is gonna be real happy when I ship these to him... :p

Stosh: I completely understand - I had a little time when I got home, I just spaced it. Will shoot a few quick photos during my lunch break and upload them when I get back to work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Mark, you can't even imagine.. I've got so many pictures.. You should see the curves.. So smooth. A little bit dirty, but in a good way, you know? Don't want 'em too clean. Experienced, but not overly used...

...yep, Stosh is gonna be real happy when I ship these to him... :p

Stosh: I completely understand - I had a little time when I got home, I just spaced it. Will shoot a few quick photos during my lunch break and upload them when I get back to work.
oh man I want pics of the chick too!!!