Quantcast

Ix

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Very cool trail to ride this morning as the ground was still tacky. Props to the trail crew. Once the day dried up though, it turned into a dust bowl and some ruts started to form at the bottom berms. Is this going to turn into another Alpine? Will there be a sprinkler system or something installed to keep the dust down and to keep the ruts out? EC

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
No worries... Most of the course has been sprayed with SoilTac and the rest of the course will be sprayed this week. We were waiting for a full weekend of heavy traffic before making the final application of SoilTac... All in all, the course held up very well considering the abundance of traffic!

Let's hear some of those Freelap times!

So far, the unnofficial fastest time appears to be George Ryan with a 00:33.45. Anyone else?

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
Trails awesome.

Question on trail etiquit.... If guys are stopped at the yellow starting line, fixing their goggles are we allowed to pass if we are going thru without stopping?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Trails awesome.

Question on trail etiquit.... If guys are stopped at the yellow starting line, fixing their goggles are we allowed to pass if we are going thru without stopping?
just give people a heads up that youre flying through so you dont run into each other. if they are standing in the middle of the entrance, then they should move their asses outa the way

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Wrong, the fence is there to keep people from flying through there.
Exactly. My initial impression was that IX was meant to be a trail that could be hit in rhythm coming out of crap chute, but I guess it's intended to be more of a standalone racecourse.

Still tons of fun regardless. And yeah, if you're waiting at the top of the course just stand to the side in case people want to "play through". That's what we did yesterday and it seemed to work out fine.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Because of the fence you can't actually come flying out of the last berm on crap chute and directly into indycross, but you CAN ride your bike from crap chute past the fence onto the indycross start area and into the indycross course without stopping (as long as other people who are up there are standing to the side). It's slower but you don't have to actually stop, which is what I meant by "playing through".

Is that better?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Well I haven't seen you on IX so who are you to say "Fail"
well if u werent 4 seconds slower i wouldnt have to, and im sorry if i dont fit ur pro status training.

but its ok, ur obviously faster than me-i blame the troy lee

Last edited: