Quantcast

Jackal Fork...?

IHardtail

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Hey so i got a 2007 66rc2x which by the way is a sweet a$$ fork and also have a Jackal frame. I know the Jackal is strong enough to withstand this fork, but will it throw the geometry too far out?

P.S. I am planning to use it for FR and some street.

Monkey
SC says:

The Jackal was designed primarily for a 100mm fork, but is strong enough for 160mm
it's gonna jack up the HA by about 3 degree and raise the BB height an inch or two. i would get a used DJ2 or something just to try out and see which one you like.

Last edited:

BALOG

Chimp
Mar 3, 2004
If you want a fork that big and will use all the travel sometimes I would take a 2008 55 ATA, the fork has 35mm stanchions like the 2007 66 and adjustable travel from 125 to 165mm. Enough for DJ and FR.

IHardtail

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
Hey thanks for the comments but I am not able to buy a new fork and by the way the shops where I live do not have the knowledge on fork lowering...I live in Costa Rica

So what you guys think it will work for FR/street with the 180mm; I mean the fork does have a lot of adjustments?

Thanks a lot,
Mark

BALOG

Chimp
Mar 3, 2004
The geometry will not be very good, but you can ride it.

Your fork is a top of the line model, so you can sell it for a good amount of money and save alittle to buy a new one... the 55 ATA is an expensive fork, but you can go with a simpler model.... a 55R, 55 TST2, Pike, Domain...

If there is no altrernative... just ride your bike as it is... but you already know the geometry will be a little strange.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
itl be different, you might not like it but only way to know is to ride it, personally id sell it however thas just me