Quantcast

James Stewart Arrested!!

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Come to think of it, I'm surprised there isn't another BIGHITR thread saying how he has failed as a role model...

Maybe if Red Bull dumps him.
Sorry Kavu, he hasn't failed as a role model yet. That takes multiple times over and over doing the same stupid thing even after your sponsors give you a second chance.

Last edited:

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
"the Tiger Woods of supercross"

If any black person is in a typically white activity, they are the Tiger Woods of that activity.
I think what they are trying to say by the Tiger Woods of supercross is, he's not only very good at the sport but he's a good kid off the course and thereby a good role model, obviously prior to this incident. I've seen his TV show once. He seems to be a really good kid, very shy and friendly and has good morals, therefor a good role model to black kids that may feel they have no way of making it therefor they don't try. It was a really dumb typical kid being stupid move. Everyone does stupid stuff when they're young, just some get caught. If he's convicted the AMA will surely ban him from pro racing. Such a shame. The good thing going for him though is he has no prior history so he may get a second chance.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
you mean like crashing out of 1st place multiple times. or going for broke like a wildman and hurting yourself?
Common sense says if they give him a second chance, he needs to never do something that stupid again. But due to the severity of the offense, a felony, they'll probably find him guilty and give him probation. The bad part is, if they say guilty, I doubt the AMA will allow him to race again. Hopefully the AMA will just suspend him one season and allow him back. They could ban him. I would hope they don't. I recall Ezra Lusk being suspended for a season due to testing positive for pot. First time, there should be a lesson learned. Multiple offenses deserve less consideration. James Stewart was a role model. But all young guys do stupid stuff till something like this teaches them a hard lesson. I hope they give him a second chance.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I think what they are trying to say by the Tiger Woods of supercross is, he's not only very good at the sport but he's a good kid off the course and thereby a good role model
Tiger Woods is a good role model because not even his Scandinavian supermodel wife is good enough to keep him from being a serial cheater? Or because Nike and Tag Heuer see him as a useful tool for marketing their historically 'white' products to blacks?

James Stewart should market himself as the James Stewart of supercross and not let his image ride on the back another man.

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
good. he is suppose to be a "role model." felons arent role models. i hope his trial goes like it would for someone who isnt famous. fair is fair
a role models are not actors, singers they dont play golf, race motocross or play any sports for millions, with multi million dollar endorsements

role models spend their freetime at va hospitals talking to recovering soldiers, they coach little league sports, they are volnteer fireman, paramedics.

Role models are people who do great things and ask nothing in return!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Wait, didn't you just buy a duramax? I hope you're pulling some pretty heavy trailers with it otherwise you're pretty much in the same boat function-wise
True but I do plan on buying a trailer. Not huge...just like 25ft. I'd rather have a truck barely work to tow a toy hauler filled with bikes then have a gas truck and put tons of stress on the motor ;)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I think what they are trying to say by the Tiger Woods of supercross is, he's not only very good at the sport but he's a good kid off the course and thereby a good role model, obviously prior to this incident. I've seen his TV show once. He seems to be a really good kid, very shy and friendly and has good morals, therefor a good role model to black kids that may feel they have no way of making it therefor they don't try. It was a really dumb typical kid being stupid move. Everyone does stupid stuff when they're young, just some get caught. If he's convicted the AMA will surely ban him from pro racing. Such a shame. The good thing going for him though is he has no prior history so he may get a second chance.
so tiger is still a good role model?

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
a role models are not actors, singers they dont play golf, race motocross or play any sports for millions, with multi million dollar endorsements

role models spend their freetime at va hospitals talking to recovering soldiers, they coach little league sports, they are volnteer fireman, paramedics.

Role models are people who do great things and ask nothing in return!
Well, I hate to say it but before this incident, he did in fact spend time at a place for kids discussing hard work, staying in school, etc to instill good values. It was on the team website. He does that in his spare time free of charge. Not to mention, he gets out on the track at some of the events and rides with the Pee Wee's so some of the kiddies that look up to him get their dream of riding with their hero come true. That is a good role model.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/motocross/2009/09/17/ride-with-james-stewart

As to Tiger, I think anyone can become a sex addict and cheat on their wife when the hottest women out there just throw it out there in front of him.

Last edited: