Quantcast

Jamis Diablo sizing?

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
hey everyone. I have gotten the green light to get a Jamis Diablo 1.0 off Jamis but am a bit shy about the purchase. I like to test ride a bike before buying and there aren't any bike shops around with downhill style bikes, not to mention they aren't made anymore. I have an inseam of 32 and I am 6' Tall 145- 150ish. What size would you guys/gals suggest. I was thinking the 17.5 but I have never been on this style bike. JensonUSA still has 15.5, 17.5, and 19.5 sizes.

I am trying to get more into freeride type riding with a bit of downhill so I think this would be a good buy. Then again there is always another great sale right around the corner somewhere.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
One of the local freeride galls here has one, and it seems to be very stout. Get the 17.5". I'm 6'6" tall, and would have to get the 19.5 so you'll be fine on the 17.5 I'm sure.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
jamis has some well built bikes and you won't have any regrets,post back after you have been able to put the beast to work.
I have a Jamis Ventura road bike and love it. Great bang for the buck. I am going to call up Jenson today and ask some questions. I'm still 50/50 on the purchase. Great price but still a lot to drop.

It's funny, I never expected the wife to say sure if you want it get it. Before the ok I was tempted to buy it and then ask forgiveness. But now that I have the green light all this damn doubt pops into my head. It's like friggin reverse psychology.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
I know how you feel my wife said the same when I bought my rig and upgrades,she really takes care of me,and thats a wonderful thing.I can not forget,but you'll love the bike and you won't regret.do you have specs on this bike,I know allot of companies stick there own pieces together so each store has different grade qualities to there bike,and how much are you spending on it if you don't mind this ?.you're probably getting a killer deal anyways ,but just for kicks it would be good to know so that you're getting your moneys worth,though you'll be getting that anyway because it's a jamis.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Same components at the 2007 rigs. Got this from 07 Diablo 1.0
It looks pretty solid.

COMPONENT SPECS

* 7005-series aluminum frame with multi-link design and extra-strong 1.5 headtube
* Manitou Swinger 4-way 175mm coil rear shock
* Manitou Stance Blunt 170mm travel fork with 20mm thru-axle, OnePointFive!
* FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1-1/8" headset
* WTB Dual Duty Freeride rims laced to WTB Laser Disc Super Duty Disc Hubs, with big Maxxis High Roller tires
* SRAM X.7 rear derailleur, SRAM X.7 trigger shifters, and Shimano Saint front derailleur
* SRAM Powerglide 950 9-speed 11-32T cassette, Shimano HG-73 chain
* TruVativ Hussefelt 24/36/Bash crankset with Howitzer Team bottom bracket AND chainguide is included too!
* TruVativ Hussefelt platform pedals
* Hayes HFX-9 HD Hydraulic disc brakes with 8" V-Cut rotors
* TruVativ LE 6061-T6 Alloy Riser bar and beefy Holzfeller CNC'd AL-66 stem
* Titec El Norte Pyro-Scooper telescoping seatpost and WTB Power V Race DH Saddle
* Weight: 43.80 lbs(19")

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I just wonder if I should be looking for more of a freeride rig that can take some DH versus a DH rig that can take some freeride.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
your getting the right bike for the job all the components are the same as mine and I haven't had any problems with them but I wanted to get mine down to 40 lbs. so I spent some extra money to do so but what your getting is so worth it and if you decide to upgrade you have all sorts of possibilities for your rig

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
That figures. I don't remember where but I read that it was around 37.5 stock. What did you swap out for discussion purposes.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Pow! trigger pulled. I got the 17.5. I have gotten mixed suggestions but the deciding factor was the fact that the 17.5 is the most popular size so they would run out of those quicker. If I don't like this size I can return and buy the 19.5. I have been wanting to try a size down anyway, I am just glad JensonUSA has a good return policy.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
you'll like very much I'm just surprised that they stopped making it,it's a work of art just like any other bike that behaves like it should.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I'm really looking forward to its arrival. The first ride will be a bit scary though lol. Kinda like test riding a rig. If you may return it your scared to death that you might wreck it. I hope the 17.5 size works for me.

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
I actually love the bike. I have Upgraded the front shock to a Totem Coil and upgraded the drive to X9 components and it handles very nicely. I am unfortunately going to be trying to sell it soon. It is just to much bike for around here. I only get to ride it twice, maybe 3 times a year.

I don't want to seem like I am spamming the boards but if your are serious about buying I am looking to sell mine with all the upgrades for $2,000 ish. If your interested talk to me through PM and I will give you list of what I changed out exactly. I will even throw in the original front shock as a spare if you like, nothing wrong with but some scratching and that is how it came from Jenson. I never rode the original front shock.

Seriously this is a solid bike and sticks to the trail very nicely. If you don't want mine I highly suggest getting one from Jenson, it will just be lacking in the front shock and rear der and shifter dept.