Quantcast

JAMIS Differences

Jotaro

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
Hi, guys, new here, how's it goin'.

I'd like to know more about the difference between JAMIS Dakar XLT and JAMIS Dakar XC, could anyone elaborate please.

Their site only tells me (beside price and component differences) that one is for all mountain, and the other's for cross-country. I have a very vague idea of what that is.

And what about Dakar SPORT??

Help?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The Dakar XC is an cross country bike... lighter parts, less travel, more efficient frame, meant to be ridden light and fast. The Dakar XLT is a trail bike... beefier parts, more travel, stronger/more durable frame, meant to be ridden hard.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
I bought my Son the Dakar XLT. He does a lot of jumping and that kind of stuff. He also rides XC with me. I can tell you that it is on Heavy bike. I haven't weighed it, but you can tell when you pick it up. Much heavier than my Sugar 2+ and it is kind of a heavy XC bike.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
ive got and xlt. its got 5" of rear travel and is heavier than the xc. the xc has less travel but is lighter. and the dakar and dakar sport frames flex have little travel and basicly suck. again ive got the xlt and i love it i can jump on it and ride trails. if you set up the rear shock right there is verry little pedal bob. the xlt is what i recomend if you want the ability to do anything. but for more racing id go with the xc.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Jotaro said:
thanks, jacksonpt,
what would you say about dakar sport, btw
The Dakar Sport has similar angles and travel as the Dakar XC. However the Dakar Sport is just more budget bike. The frame isn't quite as nice, and it has lower grade components.

Not that it is a bad bike. It is speced very well for $1100 bike.

Jotaro

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
Finally got it.
2005 XC COMP. Not a bad deal I guess, under 1K shipped (new).