Quantcast

Japanese Gulch after work today 7-9-08

bills.name

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
Seattle
Hey, I finally remembered to bring my bike with me so that I can go riding after work at Japanese Gulch. I've never been in there before so I'll probably just enter at the bottom of the gulch and ride whatever I can find, unless anyone has a map/advice/better idea. Anyone interested in joining me or showing me around?

Sancho

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
I can't go cause I have to work but if you take the gravel fire road up along the train tracks to the top until you see a fork in the road, take the slight left where the gate is. Then about 20 or 30 ft up that road theres a trail entrance on your left. The first section is up and down XC but then it eventually turns into a good downhill run with some jumps and drops towards the end. It's about 20 min up (relaxed) and almost 20 down. Lot's of fun. Theres freeride stuff on the opposite side if you're looking for something like that.

Have fun.

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
How'd it go? I live near Japanese Gultch and unfortunately I do not see much progress in terms of trail development. Most of the old fun stuff is in big disprepare and I suck at jumping the new dirt jumps. :biggrin:

bills.name

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
Seattle
Well, since it was my first time there, I can't really compare it to the gulch of yesteryear. A coworker and I started out from the Boeing Rec Center parking lot and rode down to the main road at the bottom (5th ave?) via whatever trail caught our attention along the east side. We "sort of" shuttled it with a car waiting at the bottom. Never saw any dirt jumps though. I'd like to suck at jumping them too! Where are they? I brought my bike with me again today and will go riding again tonight, either the gulch again or the mini-D at St. Eds.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
PM me and I'll meet you out there either after my work, or before work.

I can also do a quick 5 min drive up the hill to show you all the good trail spots in the Jeep if you want.