Quantcast

Japanese Gultch Sesh on Monday (30th)! You in?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So me and Dylan (not monkey, but some of you may know him) were talking about riding when he gets back on Monday at Japanese Gultch in Mukilteo...he wants me to get a group of people down there, so I told him I'd do what I can...

Here it is, the invite for all the FR, and DJ guys (and anyone else who wants to come really) out there to come check out Japanese Gultch. I live super close and know the trails better then most, so if you've never been, heres your chance to get shown around!

We will start the sesh at 3PM at the Step-up (if you dont know where that is, let me know...we can meet you at the entrance at goat trail loop if you need) and go till 6PM or later if people want. I have no problem in staying till near dark (since its a forest, it gets darker faster).

Anyhow, post up on here if you can make it, and what time!

P.S. If you dont know how to get there, I can give you some general/crued directions. And its totally cool if you cant make it till later, just let us know so we can plan to stay longer with ya!

:happydance:

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
I was at the Gulch yesterday but had a hell of a time getting to the jumps. It's only the second time I've gone. Once I parked at the gravel lot at the bottom of the tracks and that made for one helluva push to get up there. This time I parked at the Boeing baseball fields and tried to cut over. I basically got lost on all the crisscrossing trails but eventually found my way. Where do you guys park, and what's the easiest way to get there? Send me a PM.

I will try and come on Monday after work, but the earliest I can get there is around 4:30 or 5.

By they way, that place is so much fun. I hit the step down to step up line. I love the ladder step down to start you out. It is so smooth. For the DJ's I exclusively hit the right hand line. I love how flowy it feels with that left hand berm to double.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I was at the Gulch yesterday but had a hell of a time getting to the jumps. It's only the second time I've gone. Once I parked at the gravel lot at the bottom of the tracks and that made for one helluva push to get up there. This time I parked at the Boeing baseball fields and tried to cut over. I basically got lost on all the crisscrossing trails but eventually found my way. Where do you guys park, and what's the easiest way to get there? Send me a PM.

I will try and come on Monday after work, but the earliest I can get there is around 4:30 or 5.
Well whenever you can come is cool, I realize some people have work...so I'm staying till dark.

As for parking, the easiest place to park is at the top of the other side, not the boeing side. Theres a neihborhood up there with a little dead end turn around that you can park in there.

Heres my crued drawing...

P.S. you came in from my side (boeing), and it really only works if you know the trails as well as I do.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
ill be thur around 7:00 so cum a little latr and stay a little latr. oh and if your coming from the south there is a better place to park. i'm too lazy to do a cool little thingy like scott did but its the old police station. basically get off I-5 at the mukilteo ferry exit (526) and head west. take a right at the second light. then take a right at the first light. the parking will be right in front of your face after about 3/4 of a mile directly as the road takes a 90* left turn. then you just go through the old parking lot (chained off so your on you bike at this point) and follow the trail you find at the bottom, can't miss the jumps as long as you keep going straight.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
...i'm too lazy to do a cool little thingy like scott did...
Well, so many people ask me...since I'm sorta like the unofficial rep. for the gultch...so I figured I'd make one.

:-)

believe me, thats not my first version...many are custom to peoples needs! I find the map easier then typing a bunch of confusing crap...

P.S. LAST CHANCE TO ANNOUNCE YOURSELF!!! :-) Come on, you know you want to!

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
you didnt say major enough, it needs some serious serious serious work but its too dry to do anything so w/e

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well the BIG problems are the darn nettles and weeds...I know for a fact there are tons of great trails, but they all got covered up.

I know where they are and all that, but its a matter of cleaning them and buffing them out a bit.

The whole area has potential though, if you've ever been there you'd know just how much room there is to work with.

Lets look at it this way, SST has very limited space...but its so great...so what about the gultch? It just needs TLC and we can get her to be the new SST. (Fine by me since I cant drive and live next to it)

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
what you guys might want to think about with the gulch is make some run out space so you arent jammin on the breaks right when you hit the ground.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
haha yeah...no kidding.

but the place we were talking about working this summer is the old DJs. There the DJs on the other side...