Quantcast

Jeep King Of The Mountain - 48Straight Festival at Diablo Freeride Park

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
That's really sick, can't wait. I'm not much for live concerts but I read Slightly Stoopid has performed...hope they come. Their music was great in the DH video (Sprung 5).:clapping:

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
That's really sick, can't wait. I'm not much for live concerts but I read Slightly Stoopid has performed...hope they come. Their music was great in the DH video (Sprung 5).:clapping:
That would be cool, they are great live! They are on tour in the east coast during that time but have a show scheduled thru those dates. who knows though.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
this is big news, diablo televised! it should be some kickass race action as is all the jeep races. ha, i just bought a new Jeep too!

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Any more info available on this yet? Dual Slalom and Downhill? Just DS? Open format like the US Open? Schedule? Other events?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
it is invitational only. top 8 men and women as selected by the promoter.

The guys from the Jeep promoter are first class. I am sure it will be a good event. Heck, they made a 100 foot tall hill in Michigan into an awesome event.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
it is invitational only. top 8 men and women as selected by the promoter.

The guys from the Jeep promoter are first class. I am sure it will be a good event. Heck, they made a 100 foot tall hill in Michigan into an awesome event.

The 2008 format is now "open". 48Straight is inviting 4 riders and there will be an open qualifier to seed an additional 12 racers. The qualifier will be open to 100 racers. There are some heavy-hitters attending this event so expect qualifying to be very interesting!

More info very soon. Stay tuned.

dkis

Chimp
Feb 9, 2007
Southington, CT
i was just wondering if people are still able to ride the park. this was probably answered but i don't feel like reading the other posts. sorry. also do we have to pay to get watch the king of the mountain races?

DH Rules

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
On the trails of WNC - Mostly
MEN
Cole Bangert – Twin Lakes, Colo.
Geritt Beytagh – Fletcher, N.C.
Blake Carney – Camarillo, Calif.
Eric Carter – Temecula, Calif.
Mike Haderer – Concord, Calif.
Joseph Haley – Raleigh, N.C.
Petr Hanak – Winter Park, Colo.