Quantcast

Jenson USA

Adam W

Chimp
Jun 5, 2003
Hi guys,

This may well be in the wrong place so feel free to move.

I have searched the forum and cannot find the answer.

Im a customer in the UK and want to buy something from Jenson USA over the net.

They need me to send a photo ID (passport) and a copy of both sides of my credit card.

To me this seems a bit dodgy.

Ive never dealt with these guys so was wondering are they reliable? Have you ever been ripped off by them?

Im not saying they are gonna scam me, but im always wary of internet mailorder.

Any one had international dealing with them?

Cheers

Adam

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
That seems kinda strange. They are a really good company though, I've worked out some cc issues before with them and have had nothing but good service.

Did you try calling them directly or are you just e-mailing them?

It may be for customs purposes so they don't get stuck with the export tariffs.... :confused: i have no idea what i'm talking about when it comes to this.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have also had good ecperiances with them. i always got the right product and i got them fast too.

its probibly just a policy that they have for some reason

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
1) I have dealt with Jenson many times before and they are reputable

2) I have some previous experience defending CC chargebacks for a major US Corporation, so their policy sounds legit. They are covering their perverbial bootay in case you buy the goods and try to reversethe charge on your CC.

ezyryder

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
NOVA
When I bought my son his Playstation Portable from Japan I had to provide similar information. It has to do with import and export regulations in addition to credit card company policies, ie: confirming identity, preventing fraud, etc: I've bought from Jenson with no incident.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
I had friends from another European country ordering from Supergo, and they didnt ask for CC photocopies or PP photo... so that sounds strange coming from jenson

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
math2014 said:
I had friends from another European country ordering from Supergo, and they didnt ask for CC photocopies or PP photo... so that sounds strange coming from jenson
JensonUSA do this with every international customer the first time you order. I think it's good. They've done the same with lots of other friends of mine, so it's legit.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I've ordered from Jenson quite a bit and have had nothing but good experiences with them. When I ordered a rack for my car from England a couple of years back I had to give similar info - Front and back of my cc and a driver's license.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
That's the same policy we have at Go-ride.com. We also insist that your shipping address match your ID address. It's too easy to get burned with stolen CCs on foreign orders. Most consumers don't know this, but when a stolen CC is used the store who sent the items and charged the card looses both the item and the money. That's right, it's not the person who's card was stolen that looses, it's the store.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
go-ride.com said:
That's the same policy we have at Go-ride.com. We also insist that your shipping address match your ID address. It's too easy to get burned with stolen CCs on foreign orders. Most consumers don't know this, but when a stolen CC is used the store who sent the items and charged the card looses both the item and the money. That's right, it's not the person who's card was stolen that looses, it's the store.
Wow! I always thought the credit card company took the hit on those as part of their cost of doing business. That's B.S.