Quantcast

Jerónimo Chabardo Ti 160 mm Full Suspension Titanium

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Beautiful bike! I'd love to ride one, but I'm guessing I can't afford it!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
LOLOLOLO people aren't batting an eyelash at the $3k+ frames coming out in aluminum...this is a handbuilt titanium frame? Not saying it's cheap, but value is comparable if not higher...
I sure am.

I still think $3K+ for ANY frame is retarded, but at least this one is Ti.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
Any engineer types care to shed light on the benefits of Ti in full suspension?

I don't get it... seems like the metal you'd have to add to keep it stiff would overcome any potential weight savings over Alu... Ti hardtial sure, this I don't get

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
That's my baby.

Expensive: Yes, but it's the same as an IF Deluxe, or a Seven Sola Hardtail.
Flexy: NOT. Big tubes, 1.5'' Headtube, 12x135 Maxle, BB30.....
Heavy: A little bit.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Any engineer types care to shed light on the benefits of Ti in full suspension?

I don't get it... seems like the metal you'd have to add to keep it stiff would overcome any potential weight savings over Alu... Ti hardtial sure, this I don't get
i'd say longevity. lighter than steel, longer lifespan than aluminum. i remember chris canfield talking about building a ti dh frame for these reasons.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
i'd say longevity. lighter than steel, longer lifespan than aluminum. i remember chris canfield talking about building a ti dh frame for these reasons.
agree.

however, i remain surprised at how flexy Ti is. I have a Ti hardtail with much bigger tubing diameters than old-school ti bikes, and still the flex (compared to an Alu bike) is not insignificant.

still though, it's good for the market to have options. :thumb:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Expensive, pretty ti bike with uninspired geometry? Pass.

If the geometry was more to my liking, I might have a different take entirely.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Love the Maxle, wish more companies would do bikes with em'.
I think you missed the topic where ppl complained their hubs got hurt due to using maxle ;)

As for the frame - not that Id buy it but I still like the fact that people experiment with materials and new ideas. Pretty cool.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I like it a lot, most Ti bikes are not truely all Ti (FS bikes I'm talking about), but this one is. Pretty amazing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sorry for the thread resurrection. Anybody knows why Jeronimo is not offering the full suspension bikes anymore?

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
Jeronimo sold 6-7 units the first years, but it's been a couple of years with no sales and he decided to remove them from the site. Anyway, you still can ask for one, I'm thinking about getting a new one with bigger wheels and a few updates...

Last edited:

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
Well, I get them at a special price so they are cheaper than carbon (all the good ones are +3.000€ now...), they look cool, work really well and fit me like a glove.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Jeronimo sold 6-7 units the first years, but it's been a couple of years with no sales and he decided to remove them from the site. Anyway, you still can ask for one, I'm thinking about getting a new one with bigger wheels and a few updates...
Cool, thanks! Could become interesting, depending if I can track down a certain nano wheeled bike or not.
What about those rumors that the frames are made in China? http://www.spanner.org.uk/2010/10/jeronimo-cycles-spanish-flair-brought-to-life-by-xacd/