Quantcast

Jericho.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Interesting point. I hope he has a few batteries for that panosonic laptop, or he'll be in the dark to. Those things are expensive!

so what do you do in Denver?
If he's got a satellite uplink, I'm guessing he's got solar power too. Tho they didn't show any panels. In fact, H8R gave me a link for laptop solar power. It's "only" like $300.

I'm a graphic designer.

And no, Denver didn't blow up ;)

Are you in a nuked town?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I too was a bit disappointed in the episode. I think they are trying to weave too many subplots together at the same time and it's quickly becoming confusing / too over the top.

I also thought it was corny (pun intended) the people decided to help Stanley out with his harvest "no strings attached". I got that bad afterschool special feeling. Kind of like Party of Five. High drama for 45 minutes, happy ending wrap up, then a twisty cliffhanger.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
nope not in a nuked town, i move to an island that would be unneccesary to blow up. i built a hut in the jungle and live off of mangos and fresh rain water.

yeah lots of sub plots are forming, but i like the drama of it all.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
So last nights episode we didnt find out to much but that N.Y. is still in tach and D.C. is wiped out.

Who do you think is attacking the U.S. Gray said last night that in N.Y. they stopped them from flipping the switch on a 10 killa ton nuke in a u-haul truck.

Who does Hawkins work for, what does he do?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's gotta be a terrorist organization since they were using trucks to transport the nukes instead of ICBMs. But the terrorists have to be backed by a country with nuke abilities since these were full-fledged nukes and not just dirty/radioactive bombs.

Also, the US retaliated with ICBMs which means that they knew or now know for certain, which country was backing the terrorists... you can't target terrorist cells with a nuke, only large areas.

So it's likely Iran since it's doubtful North Korea would back a terrorist group... they'd just pop you themselves.

problem is, it doesn't matter as the show is about a town and not global politics. A town that can't get it's act together in even the slightest intelligent way more than a month later.

Figures the town is in Kansas ;)

While the show's been canceled, two solid seasons of "Jeremiah" were produced. If you want to see a show about post-apocalyptic America, I totally recommend it. You can get it on DVD at the library for free :) Also, they last show of the second season wrapped it up pretty well since they knew there wasn't a third season coming.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
remember though the two ICBM's that where launched a few episodes ago, one of them blew up in the sky and caused an EMP outage. so was that a faulty missle launch or did the enemy take it out of the sky?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
...was that a faulty missle launch...?
good catch. It's possible.

However, two launches sounds intentional.

And don't get me started on that EMP.

Ok, I'll get started <rant.on> :D

How does an EMP take out EVERY car? Aren't some cars behind steel door garages surrounded by concrete? What about emergency vehicles inside the fire station or whatever. And how does the entire electrical system of a town get taken down thoroughly by a random EMP considering there are circuit BREAKERs all along the system to protect it from such pulses.

<rant.off> :D

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
bacuz they are rednecks that live in the middle of corn fields in Kansas and dont know better.

I would go Mad Max style and grow a mullet, find an old hot rod put a blower on it and rome the badlands.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
so did anyone watch lastnight? I dont think Hawkins is in the FBI, its just a backup cover for him,he left that badge down their for them to find on purpose, he is way deeper than that. And do you really think Jake was just a truck driver in Iraq?!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
so did anyone watch lastnight? I dont think Hawkins is in the FBI, its just a backup cover for him,he left that badge down their for them to find on purpose, he is way deeper than that.
I'm in agreeance.

This show won't last long enough (ya know, like, 15 yrs), but Hawkins' daughter is the future leader of that town. She owned.

And do you really think Jake was just a truck driver in Iraq?!
not a chance.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Jeezus.....did ya see Hawkins drop the sniper from Ravenwood's group? And they didn't even do a damn thing about it.....just turned around and tucked tail....

Awesome show!!

stinkydawg

Chimp
Oct 10, 2006
Jeezus.....did ya see Hawkins drop the sniper from Ravenwood's group? And they didn't even do a damn thing about it.....just turned around and tucked tail....

Awesome show!!
Hell ya...good job Hawkins! They knew they were screwed when Eric and the outsiders pulled up. Who thinks that Emily and Jake are gonna hook up? Its coming, I'm sure. I'm anxious to find out what Hawkins and Jake did for the Govt.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Or still do for the govt, i.e. Hawkins. Why Does Hawkins have a silenced sniper rifle? assasin? he looked like a natural born leader out there with all the guys.

Yeah of course Jake's gonna tap that right back to the electronic age, Cool how here dad came and saved the day with Eric though.

I think Gray is gonna F'over the Mayor soon.