Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
johnbryanpeters said:
I'm willing to trust BikeGeek. I have seen too many attempts at this fail, so I don't want to slow the process.
I think there are enough of us here in the DC area, that will be able to 'find' BG if this whole thing crashes and burns. :dancing:

Actually, if you need some help with something, let me know. I might be able to help you with something,...design, transportation, shipping, etc,...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
peter6061 said:
I think there are enough of us here in the DC area, that will be able to 'find' BG if this whole thing crashes and burns. :dancing:

Actually, if you need some help with something, let me know. I might be able to help you with something,...design, transportation, shipping, etc,...
Thanks. I may take you up on that once it comes time to pack these things up to ship them.

J

JRB

I really like all of my Voler jerseys. I am in for one XL for sure. That is assuming that verge is sized like voler. Thanks bikegeek. PM me when you want the deposit.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Echo said:
I'm confident that BikeGeek is more reliable than Full Trucker. I suppose we'll never know why FT bailed on all of us for no reason, but I'm confident that Tim will not.
Work work work work work.

First it was www.racemsc.com, then it was a bunch of vehicle graphics for Telluride, then the holidays, then some stuff for an upstart frame company (Addict Cycles), then the MSC Race Companion book, and now I'm full-blown into design for over half the races in the Mountain States Cup, a website for Yeti/RPM, all on top of a 50-ish hour a week job at a design firm. I can only offer apologies all around, as I do feel like an arse for getting everyone all stoked out and then bailing - but life/work/other commitments happen. For instance:

BikeGeek said:
...Designs are coming. I'm working with a friend who is a graphic designer, but real life keeps getting in the way...
I wish you Godspeed and good luck with this, my e-friends. I know you're looking at Verge as far as doing this, they make a good jersey. Also check into Hot Shoppe (www.hotshoppedesigns.com) which is who I was going to try and use - three color jerseys were going to be around $75 or so, with price breaks starting at 50 qty.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
I love that image. It took me a moment to figure it out, and no one but RM's will get it.

And I noticed a trend with mtb jerseys to go away from classic jersey designs. I have seen polo's and tee shirts designs made of technical cloth (i.e. wicking and durable), and I vote for the t-shirt. Get one 1 size bigger than you normally wear, and you have a baggy. Get it your normal size for XC. And you can wear it around with causing suspicion.

It does need to be rider cut, i.e. long in the back, so don't just go any clothing manufacturer. But I rather get a tee than another pocket-in-the-back freakshow jersey (I got plenty from my road riding).

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
The deposit is down and we're looking at a June 10-20 delivery to me. Color swatches have arrived and we're finishing up designs. I also got some sizing samples, so I'll have fit info to report once ordering starts. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
BikeGeek said:
The deposit is down and we're looking at a June 10-20 delivery to me. Color swatches have arrived and we're finishing up designs. I also got some sizing samples, so I'll have fit info to report once ordering starts. :)
Saweeeeeeet! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
It would nice if all the Dalton monkeys had these jersey for the 24 hour race. (June 25-26)

:)

It would, but I am going to have to pass - just can't justify spending that much cabbage for a jersey. And even if I could justify it, I don't think I'd have the cash to spend anyway. :mumble:

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Seeing how the poll is closed and the deposit has been payed, I gather ordering is finalized? :mumble: :(

Guess I should have looked in the thread sooner ... but who would've guessed it would happen so fast? :nopity: ;)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Seeing how the poll is closed and the deposit has been payed, I gather ordering is finalized? :mumble: :(

Guess I should have looked in the thread sooner ... but who would've guessed it would happen so fast? :nopity: ;)
Nope. The poll was to gauge interest and the deposit just reserved a spot on the production line. Ordering hasn't started yet. I'm hoping to have the design up by this weekend, then I'll post all the ordering and sizing info.