Quantcast

Jesus decided to help me finish my stuff

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Jesus was a carpenter part II. DONE, I'M F'N DONE :eviltongu
Welp, here is my life. A lot has been going on lately. Built an additon on the deck out back.
Got rid of all the pressure treated twisted garbage and replaced with mahogany. Prepped surface,
stained, done. The front porch I did with IRONWOOD, and it's the most brutal species of mahogany
there is. This stuff is HEAVY. The garage floor was replaced, as it sunk 6" in back. I opted to have
a coat poured over the existing floor to save time as I think it settled as much as it is going to. Anyhow
we wouldn't expect the builder to build a new set of stairs in there and a new bench. I had to do it as
usual. I think my carpentry allowance for the year has been USED UP. The patio I finished. The blocks
are totally unlevel as at the time I diddn't know what a leveling string was. Like an idiot, I leveled each
one individually instead of using a string. So you can see the 6x6 perimeter is level to the T, unlike the blocks
that are inside of it. Oh well. I'm going to have a real mason fix it next year. Anyhow this is why I haven't
ridden my bike in 2 months. Thank God it's done. I rode my bike today at Leominster State Forest with the
new 5th element coil shock on the bike. Shock works good, but is just another shock as far as I'm concerned.
I's only a 6x1.5 so I don't know how I could tell that much of a difference with that shock than anything else. The
bike only has like 5" of travel in the back.
Farmers Porch, Redone

Lip of the new floor on top of the old floor. I sealed it with dryloc.
Driveway is being ripped up and replaced. NEW HOUSE HA? :dead:

Ain't she sexy?

New Helmet, that actually fits. Anyone want to buy a large
Gyro switchblade, basically new?

Newly organized and downsized parts department (rest is in boxes)

A clean garage is a happy garage

3' high 6x6" retaining wall

Don't ask, just don't ***k with me ok?

All that's left is a little dirt 10 YARDS or so to fix the yard and I'm DONE

Kevin

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Knuckles get out and ride that friggin MTX before someone comes and takes it away from you for neglecting it and not giving it the proper thrashings it deserves!!!!!!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Wait... you didn't build any backyard stunts or jumps for that beauty of a bike? C'mon, man!

And is it me, or is that the smallest coil shock ever?

J

JRB

Beauty of a house and ride Knuck. How many rants did this project produce? Are the neighbors all wary of you?:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Is your patio pitched to that one corner? Did you account for drainage?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
loco-gringo said:
Beauty of a house and ride Knuck. How many rants did this project produce? Are the neighbors all wary of you?:D
Well the neighbors are all wary of me indeed. Especially when I mow my HUGE lawn. LOL. My wife doesn't allow me to mow the lawn. I'd try to mow the back and there use to be several rocks and stumps and stuff and I'd just run over the stuff. I bent the blade several times and overheated the lawnmower so much that I couldn't get it to shut off. I even took off the wire to the spark plug and it was still running. So I picked it up and threw it into the woods and it finally shut off. Now, I have some chinamen cut my lawn, $15 a week. Best $15 buck I ever spent. Now why I have the patience to build a deck but not mow the lawn, I have no idea.

Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
No, it pitched itself as I don't know what the ***k I'm doing. LOL
I do you have a drain in that corner or something?

Seems like a serious pitch for such a small patio? You only need like a 1/4 on 12.

J

JRB

stosh said:

Seems like a serious pitch for such a small patio? You only need like a 1/4 on 12.

Let me take this for you Knuckle. Funny stuff on the lawn. I sometimes have wigged out for various things and the neighbors all know I am psycho now.

Stosh - He said he didn't know what he was doing. You still feel compelled to ask. What the hell is he gonna do now? Get a jack?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
stosh said:

Like I said man, I don't know what the F I'm doing. I used a level to level each block instead of using a leveling string. by the time I put in the perimeter 6x6's I realized how much the blocks were off. I should have built the wall first, then leveled the material that the stones go on, but once again "I AM AN IDIOT, :D " I know how to use a leveling string too, I'm just not sure why I did it that way. Caus I'm an idiot? Probably. I'm gonna have it ripped up in the spring and have a professional redo it.

Knuck

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
How in the heck does one's garage floor sink 6 inches..???

Especially on a new home..???

What's underneath it gravel? Why were concrete with steel reienforcement piers not bored down 12-15 feet under the foundation?

:eek:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
Like I said man, I don't know what the F I'm doing. I used a level to level each block instead of using a leveling string. by the time I put in the perimeter 6x6's I realized how much the blocks were off. I should have built the wall first, then leveled the material that the stones go on, but once again "I AM AN IDIOT, :D " I know how to use a leveling string too, I'm just not sure why I did it that way. Caus I'm an idiot? Probably. I'm gonna have it ripped up in the spring and have a professional redo it.

Knuck
I thought you were being sarcastic about you didn't know what you were doing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
How in the heck does one's garage floor sink 6 inches..???

Especially on a new home..???

What's underneath it gravel? Why were concrete with steel reienforcement piers not bored down 12-15 feet under the foundation?

:eek:
I think after a discussion Brianhcm and myself agreed that more than likely the contractor did not compact the soil under the garage.

12-15' peirs are required if you are building on an F'ing swamp man!!

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
douglas said:
looks good...but it also looks like you spend more time organizing/cleaning then you do using anything ???
Believe me man, it sucks. My back yard was a shambles for a long time. Just becuase my bike is clean doesn't mean I don't use it. I use it, I just keep it clean. I spend almost 4k for a bike, it's gonna look like when I bought it, all the time. It's my bikes. I don't know why people always jump on me about keeping my stuff clean. As far as the garage, it has a new floor, which means I had to build a new bench and I had to reorganize all my stuff. I do ride my bike. From now on, when I go out riding I will take photos as proof :D

Knuck

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
stosh said:
I think after a discussion Brianhcm and myself agreed that more than likely the contractor did not compact the soil under the garage.

The builder did not use proper fill and it wasn't compacted enough, and the floors were poured in the winter. All the soil is clay in the area, it sucks. My neighbor is really screwed. He's on his (THIRD) (YES, THIRD) garage floor. They just cant get it right. His caved in 2 times. I mean caved in. They now have it dug down about 15 feet and filled, compacted, filled, compacted in layers. If it sinks/breaks next pour, I'd say the guy should just give up on a garage.

Knuck

J

JRB

stosh said:
Hey dillweed - he lives in a swamp. The whole state is a swamp. :mumble:

J

JRB

Knuckleslammer said:
The builder did not use proper fill and it wasn't compacted enough, and the floors were poured in the winter. All the soil is clay in the area, it sucks. My neighbor is really screwed. He's on his (THIRD) (YES, THIRD) garage floor. They just cant get it right. His caved in 2 times. I mean caved in. They now have it dug down about 15 feet and filled, compacted, filled, compacted in layers. If it sinks/breaks next pour, I'd say the guy should just give up on a garage.

Knuck
So what about the living rooms? They don't sink? Your neighborhood not like garages? It sounds like Poltergeist.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Yeah well the piers would only truely be effective if they were to also be combined with the use of grade beams.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
loco-gringo said:

HAha! Well, south LA is that's for sure.

But the northwest part is like East Texass.

However, here, if you can't get your foundation at least 18-inches into undisturbedsoil then you have to drill shafts. It's quite common here where we have super clay soil and lots of trees. Typically when large trees are removed from a home lot the root ball leaves a huge hole which is filled with soil and compacted then shafts are drilled and filled with concrete for the foundation beams to sit on.

We also use post-tension cable in our foundations which lock the slab together since its being compressed on all sides. This virtually eliminates foundations from cracking.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
HAha! Well, south LA is that's for sure.

But the northwest part is like East Texass.

However, here, if you can't get your foundation at least 18-inches into undisterbed soil then you have to drill shafts. It's quite common here where we have super clay soil and lots of trees. Typically when large trees are removed from a home lot the root ball leaves a huge hole which is filled with soil and compacted then shafts are drilled and filled with concrete for the foundation beams to sit on.

We also use post-tension cable in our foundations which lock the slab together since its being compressed on all sides. This virtually eliminates foundations from cracking.
OH cool man! Tensionsed slabs are cool!!!

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Brian HCM#1 said:
you still need to extend that handrail.

plus I did some tagging ;)

I did extend it man. I used those 3 mahogany 2x4's

I couldn't use the same railing as the bottom section as it hits the frame/beam of the deck, caus I should have moved the stairs over another 2" to the left, but couldn't as they would hit the house. Poor planning on the carpenters part :D :mumble:

Damn Carpenter :mumble:

HOUSES_SUCK

Knuckle

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
loco-gringo said:
Yup - nothing puts a pooch in the pants like a tensioned slab. :rolleyes:

BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, all this architechtural talk is getting me shibby :thumb:
I never thought concrete could be so complicated. JHFC. Compact the dert, pour the sh*t, throw a couple metal rods in it. FOCING A
Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Knuckleslammer said:
BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, all this architechtural talk is getting me shibby :thumb:
I never thought concrete could be so complicated. JHFC. Compact the dert, pour the sh*t, throw a couple metal rods in it. FOCING A
Knuckle
Problem is thats probably how your slab was built.