Quantcast

Job promotion/moving dilemma

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dh girlie said:
Bartlesville? Is that where those wine coolers are from?
Ahem. That's Bartles & James. (Damn I have a lot of useless info in my head.)

Coot, sounds like a tough call but if after the scopeage you are excited, that should tell you something.

Do you have any time to check out the local job market?

Do your changes of staying with the company in the same location increase if you bluff and say you will leave if they find a good spot for you?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In case no one has brought it up, it tends to be windy in Kansas.

It seems every time I have driven through that state there is a nice, gentle 40mph breeze.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I went to lawrence kansas once, i have some friends there. The punk rock scene is pretty good, but that's aabout all I remember...sorry.

BUT it's only a good 6/7 hour drive to the front range - so life aint all bad.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Andyman_1970 said:
Arkansas has much better mountain biking and outdoor stuff (rock climbing, kyaking, etc.) than KS.
Haha i don't think i've ever really been to either place, so what the hell do i know. i did stay in Tulsa when i was a kid when my uncle worked at Rockwell, then again when my sister lived in Lawton a few years back. So really if you want my brutally honest opinion anything (besides Kansas) is probably an upgrade.

They didn't call it the "Trail of Tears" for nothin.....:monkey:

But also i'm looking at it from a mt. biking perspective mostly, i would probably go insane outside of my sheltered rainforest where people don't know how to drive.