Quantcast

JrX props

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
If any of you aren't familiar with Andrew Pierce, he's our top JrX racer. I know there's been a lot of talk about supporting JrX guys on here recently, so here's some kudos to one of ours. This was pulled from the USA Cyling results this morning:

And just for good measure:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Hell yea, J Belt reppin the PBR with 22nd. Hopefully he'll move into the top 20 with Brianhead.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Yeah it's been fun racing with Andrew this year for sure. Hopefully, we'll both be headed to Livigno for Worlds together. He deserves it for sure.

Those aren't national series rankings are they?

biker3

Turbo Monkey
I dont think those mean too much. If im in 22nd just from my first year in Juniorx then those cant mean much. Pierce is Def a ripper but I dont see how he is ahead of Bond. Bond has a win and a top 3 already. Those RPM kids should be up there too. Pierce is def on it tho he was goin real fast at Idaho. He told me he was only 17 so he has a whole nother year to get even faster.

Our worlds team should be pretty strong. Straight has got it all to take the win and Bond or the RPM kid on the DH9 could be top 10 easy.

Bummer for that bruce kid who killed it at Deervalley then broke both his arms at idaho MTX.

Edit: Just checked my overall ranking and Im missing my Deer valley points. Im listed under Jesse Belk for Deer Valley? Should I email Usacycling or what? Im listed in like 34 right now but id be 15th with all my points.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Congrats to your boy James. Kudos to go-ride for supporting the young rippers!

On a side note:
biker3-Quite pissing in people's Cheerios, I don't know your sponsorship situation, but I feel compelled to give you a word of advice: You're young, and have a long career ahead of you, if you remember attitude is as important as results. Bringing others down publically isn't going to win you any fans, or any support. I'm not saying this to be mean, I really just want to see you young riders go as far as you can with your racing careers.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
DH Diva said:
Congrats to your boy James. Kudos to go-ride for supporting the young rippers!

On a side note:
biker3-Quite pissing in people's Cheerios, I don't know your sponsorship situation, but I feel compelled to give you a word of advice: You're young, and have a long career ahead of you, if you remember attitude is as important as results. Bringing others down publically isn't going to win you any fans, or any support. I'm not saying this to be mean, I really just want to see you young riders go as far as you can with your racing careers.
I didnt talk down on anyone. Andrew Pierce is incredibly fast and I sayed that. He's beat me every race and I know that? All I was doing was giving SOMEONE else recognition who deserves it as much as Andrew. Last time I checked the thread was titled JUNIORX PROPs and not just ANDREW PIERCE PROPS, therefore I see it nicely to add Travis Bond to the list considering he is already ON the US worlds team. I also was positive towards the RPM kids who deserve credit too. I dont have any attitude in seriousness, meet me in person and then judge me. I want to boost the junior scene as much as James does and therefore I felt it right to announce for Bond. And considering this thread might atract other Junior x riders, I thought id ask about getting my results right on Usacycling. You got the entire message wrong, sorry for that.

Oct 14, 2004
Colorado
Props to Pierce. Yeah, Check out Timmy Price. EAST COAST. Those rankings are not Norba National Series Rankings. Travis Bond is leading the series. I think Kyle Strait and Travis Bond are the only kids named to the world team so far. Mad Props to Kyle Adams. He rips.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
biker3 said:
I didnt talk down on anyone. Andrew Pierce is incredibly fast and I sayed that. He's beat me every race and I know that? All I was doing was giving SOMEONE else recognition who deserves it as much as Andrew. Last time I checked the thread was titled JUNIORX PROPs and not just ANDREW PIERCE PROPS, therefore I see it nicely to add Travis Bond to the list considering he is already ON the US worlds team. I also was positive towards the RPM kids who deserve credit too. I dont have any attitude in seriousness, meet me in person and then judge me. I want to boost the junior scene as much as James does and therefore I felt it right to announce for Bond. And considering this thread might atract other Junior x riders, I thought id ask about getting my results right on Usacycling. You got the entire message wrong, sorry for that.
I understand your intent. The problem with the internet is that a lot of us haven't met you, and all we are going by is the content of your responses on this board. I'm not judging, I just want to remind you that by putting yourself out on this forum, you are representing yourself entirely by your statements, and sometimes those statements may be misunderstood.

Giving props to the other JR's is great. It really just sounded like you were discrediting his ranking. No hard feelings. I just want to give you some tips on self representation, sorry if it was harsh.
;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Thanks for the list of names of all the little chits that will be blowing by me at the local trails sometime.

And since it's mustache month and nothing says manly like a lip strip, the go-ride costumes look pretty bad ass this year.....I'd say downright attractive.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
biker3 said:
? All I was doing was giving SOMEONE else recognition who deserves it as much as Andrew. .

I am with you biker3. It's pretty easy to be misinterpreted on a forum. All these kids are awesome and deserve props. I was talking to Travis Bond on the lift in Snowmass and he seemed super nice too. That's nice to see fast JrX that are not little brats :D

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
911 said:
Not sure where you found those rankings, but here are the latest standings according to NORBA: http://www.norbanationals.com/results/standNmbs5_05/NMBS_SEMI_PRO_EXPERT_DH_STANDINGS_AFTER_NMBS5.pdf
If you're still not sure, you can look at the http addy in the address bar in the image I posted. You linked the NMBS series rankings. The page I listed is the national ranking, period, based on all points available from local and national races. That aside, thanks for the link, last time I checked on the results it was a big mess of semi-pro/expert/jrx all in one big group.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Regardless, Pierce is still sitting really high in the NMBS rankings. If I remember right, he is 4th following Snowmass just a couple points behind Bond, me and Kyle Adams. The kid rips!!! He'll most likely be one of, if not the only 17 year old on the Junior Worlds team. So whether those rankins above mean anything or not, his NMBS ranking speaks for itself! Simply put, he's the fastest 17 year old in the country right now and hopefully he got all his paperwork in on time in order to get to Italy!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
brenan you made the team this year?? lucky ass im so pissed **** didnt work out with me and racing last season (and this one unfortunatly) but mad props. this years nworld team will be sick as balls