Quantcast

Juicy 7 hose blown from lever body

tonygiant

Chimp
Jun 11, 2005
Hey all,

I recently cut my juciy brake lines and bled them accordingly. When I put everything back together it works fine. But, I squeezed the front brake hard, the hose shoots out of the lever body.

I had a 2004 set up. Avid has redesigned the hose barb with hose compression olive for the 05-06 models. I noticed when I cut my stock hose, the hose barb and compression olive are one peice. So when you squeeze the the lever the olive holds against the compression nut, thus no hose shooting out. I dont think the 2004 lever is any different than the 05-06 model. But I use the newly designed compression olive, and they slide off the hose barb. They work, but I dont feel comfortable with them. They are currently working well with my rear set up though.

So far my rears work fine and they are an 04 model w/ the new olives and barbs. The olive are loose as well, but they seem to keep the hose and barb in place when you torque on the compression nut.

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
Sound like you need 04' specific parts. Make sure you use the aluminum vs. steel olives.

UOTE=tonygiant]Hey all,

I recently cut my juciy brake lines and bled them accordingly. When I put everything back together it works fine. But, I squeezed the front brake hard, the hose shoots out of the lever body.

I had a 2004 set up. Avid has redesigned the hose barb with hose compression olive for the 05-06 models. I noticed when I cut my stock hose, the hose barb and compression olive are one peice. So when you squeeze the the lever the olive holds against the compression nut, thus no hose shooting out. I dont think the 2004 lever is any different than the 05-06 model. But I use the newly designed compression olive, and they slide off the hose barb. They work, but I dont feel comfortable with them. They are currently working well with my rear set up though.

So far my rears work fine and they are an 04 model w/ the new olives and barbs. The olive are loose as well, but they seem to keep the hose and barb in place when you torque on the compression nut.[/QUOTE]